New Year, New Hope

Hi, I hope your surgery went ok. How are you feeling ?

Hi it was cancelled last week at my pre op, because Iā€™m on clopodogril which no-one told me to stop , plus I was just recovering from a chest infection, I was absolutely gutted but I understood at the same time itā€™s a major surgery so need to be careful

Hoe are you? X

Itā€™s now 16th Feb my birthday would you believe :see_no_evil:

Hope it all goes well x

1 Like

How are you doing? Hope your well :pray: x

Oh no! Sorry to hear that. When are you having your surgery now? Itā€™s bad enough waiting, but to be cancelled !!!
Iā€™m doing ok thanks. Slow and steady. X

1 Like

16th Feb my birthday :see_no_evil::see_no_evil: i couldnā€™t believe it when they rang me with new date, she said do.you want me to go back to the surgeon and ask for another date i said no cancer is the priority, i dont tend to celebrate birthdays now anyways at 53 :smile:

Good im glad your doing ok xx

1 Like

Hope it all goes well on the 16th. Mine was a year ago and Iā€™m feeling good. Still have the odd day but on the whole life is good again. Just take small steps every day xx

1 Like

Good luck for the 16th. And Happy Birthday, itā€™s a good omen.

1 Like

Thankyou, god i hope so ive never been so scared in all my life :disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved:

Hi so i had my RH yesterday, omg my tummy is so big and sore :tired_face: the drain is in the skin fold ( fat :woman_facepalming:) i cant stand up even that pulls on my stomach im all hunched over, i sleep on my side theres no chance of that happening i know it will get better but when ? I cant take much more and its only beer 24hrs ! :weary:

Oh poor you - it will get better. The first 24 hours are the worst but it will start to settle. Do keep pestering for pain killers if you need them. You will be swollen and very sore at the moment. Thinking of you. X

1 Like

You poor petā€¦ such early days! Make sure youā€™re on the max pain relief you can have.

Stay strong, thinking of you xxx

1 Like

Thanks ladies im definitely not shy when it comes to pain relief :sweat_smile:

I know its only been 24hrs but my back with having to crouch over is breaking :disappointed_relieved: cant even stand up straight, god its torture, but hey if it gets rid of all the cancer then its going to be worth it :+1:
Thanks ladies hope your both ok.xx

2 Likes

Hi, I hope your recovery goes well. It is slow and steady thatā€™s for sure. Your abdomen will be swollen for about six weeks, itā€™s normal. You will be ok.
Iā€™m six weeks post op today! I canā€™t believe how far Iā€™ve come. You will too x

1 Like

Thats good to hear, atm its like im always going to be like this,im scared to cough plus the wind ,omg not good

Glad your recovering well :kissing_heart:

Hug a pillow to your tummy. Deep breath a few times an hour.
The wind is because they fill you up with air and gas to move the diaphragm out of the way.
Just keep taking deep breaths.
It will be ok.

1 Like

Thatz what im doing , omg this is awful, to top it all off ive got a temp so.going on iv paracetamol then maybe antibiotics, i really am suffering badly :cry:

1 Like

Oh @GillRobs ā€¦ :sleepy:

I wish I could sit with you right now. IV paracetamol is great though, i rated it more effective than morphine when I was in agony with Cervical Stenosis

1 Like

How are you feeling now?