Newly diagnosed

Morning, well here I am, MRI and PET have it all confirmed, cervical cancer with lymph node involvement. Now more waiting to see my oncologist for treatment plan.

Terrified, tired, sad and generally sick of waiting x

But hey, I’m here, I feel well and I’m ready for a fight x

Hi. You've found the best place to come for help and   support.

You sound like you have a positive attitude towards your treatment and I think that will help you immensely.  I found the physical side of the treatment was so much easier than I thought it was going to be and the support that I had on this forum got me through the mental side of things.

I was diagnosed nearly 4 years ago and my life now is pretty much the same as it was before.

I did post about my treatment every day if you'd like to read it. Type 'finally started treatment " in the search box and it should come up. I've been told it has been a help to a lot of people. 

I would say be kind to yourself,  if you need to cry , cry, if you need to sleep, sleep and let people help you. You don't get any extra points for pushing yourself. 

I spent the time between diagnosis and treatment starting trying to get my body ready for treatment so lots of rest, fresh air and walking and boosting my immune system with my own smoothies (which I still have daily now). 

Come on here as much as you need, theres always someone around to help xxx

Hey girl,

I hear you with the waiting.

Im the same as you, cervical cancer with lymph nodes. I'm starting treatment on Monday, happy to hear that you're ready to fight It!!!

I don't really know what to say besides you're not alone and if you ever wanna compare treatment effects or just talk in general everyone here has been so amazing.

sending love and strength your way! You got this!!

Hi Emma :-)

Welcome to the club :-) Wise words as usual from the wonderful Philleepa.
Glad to hear you are ready for a fight, not much more waiting now. We're all cheering you on :-)

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli

Ca  I just ask when you got the results from colposcopy did they diagnose you with a stage of cancer prior to the MRI?

Hi

I had a staging of ?1A/1B after first lletz, had MRI,CT and second lletz (as no clear margins) and MDT meeting before confirmation of stage 1A1 xx