I got diagnosed with stage 1 cervical cancer today and don’t really know what to do with myself. I will be going for an mri next week to help set out a treatment plan. I don’t really know where this leaves me my head is in bits. Me? A cancer patient? I never thought i would ever be saying those words.

So glad I wentfor my smear 

Its horrible isnt it. Personally I knew before they told me I had stage 1b1 cancer but that doesnt mean I dont get down. I have good days & bad days - all the women on here will tell you that. But I dont feel "ill" if you get what I mean - I have an op on Mon to check staging & see if its spread to bowels/bladder etc & MRI/CT on Tues so Im still awaiting my treatment plan - And I always find the waiting the worst! I was diagnosed on 7th June so its still fairly new for me too but have been up & down from hospital for a months - first pre-cancerous, treatment for that now cancer. Its hard but you will get through it, we have to be positive & kick its arse coz its not welcome! We're all in it together on here tho so anytime you need to chat xx

I did write a post but dont think it went through properly! Yes I tell all my friends the same. I asked my doc for years but they refused as I was under 25! I think it should be on individual cases as I had all the symptoms (about 3 years ago now & recently - bleeding during sex, pain) & I had pre-cancerous cells when I was a child. Luckily a doc noticed white patches whilst I was in for something else so referred me. Its ridiculous really! Luckily its a slow progressing cancer so hoping it is definetely a stage 1! Good luck with your tests & treatment. Its hard but stay positive - try relaxation, meditation, exercise. Xx

Thankyou still feel like I'm watching someoneelse going through it at the moment. X

I'm going through the same thing. I was just diagnosed this past Monday and I'm waiting for mri for staging. It feels so weird. Like it's not really happening. I keep saying in my head that I have cancer to try to get used to it. i hope everything works out for the both of us. At least we found this forum to help each other out. I feel like I cannot really talk to my husband too much because he is sooo scared so I'm being strong for him but on inside I'm falling apart. 

JJust trying to stay positive just so glad they have found it in the early stages. Feels very strange saying the words "i have cancer" i almost feel like I'm lying if that makes sense 

Aww Laalaa sorry you have had to find yourself here but this really is the best place. Don't google, ask away in here there are so many helpful people who have all been through it. Fingers crossed you stay at stage 1. Staying positive really helps, I just keep thinking how lucky I am that I went for the smear when I did and try not to think of anything else. This is the worst part, all the waiting. Once you have had your MrI, they'll sort out your treatment plan and things will start to move faster. Hugs xx

Hi Laalaa & Lolli :-)

So sorry for your diagnoses but really pleased that you have found us, as shazzal says, don't Google anything! Ask everything here :-)

Yes, it's really weird to be told you have cancer when you don't feel ill in the slightest. Keep in mind that this is a very curable cancer and that the treatment is usually not too difficult to cope with. Imagine how much weirder it's going to be a few months from now when you are saying I had cancer, but I have been completely cured :-)

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli

Yes absolutely....this will sound ridiculous and i know it does butI almost feel I am over reacting because it is so curable.

No Laalaa, you are not over-reacting at all. Receiving a cancer diagnosis is scary. Do you know something? A very very long time ago somebody pointed a gun at me. I didn't know whether or not the gun was really loaded and I didn't know quite how serious the gunman was, though he seemed pretty dangerous to me. It was down to me to talk him down, make him see sense, nobody else. It worked. It's not possible to talk cancer down and try to persuade it that it's not in its own best interests to kill you. So the really scary element is how much control you have yourself, and with cancer you have none. 

Tivoli

Hi, I have advanced cancer and mine was the size of a melon and now after treatment i onky have traces of cancer so if  can do it so can you.

if you read my other posts please don't think my experience will happen to you x

Hi Carmel :-)

Lovely to see you back here! How's it all going with you now?

Lots of love
Tivoli

Hi everyone I've been diagnosed about 4 weeks ago waiting now to start radiotherapy and chemo and 3 internal radio.. feel so scared .. one thing I was told I would not loose my hair .. now been told I will can anyone help? Xxx 

Hi HB :-)

Most of us who have chemo rads have Cisplatin as the chemo side of things. This very rarely causes any hair loss. You will find that the treatment isn't nearly as fearsome as you think, and we even have some recent write-ups about how non-scary brachytherapy (internal radio) turns out to be as well. Welcome to the forum, ask all your questions on here and keep completely away from Google.

Tivoli

I've been recently diagnosed on 7th July 2016 after having LLETZ to remove CIN 3 abnormal cells. The hospital said its the youngest case they have seen. I have been diagnosed stage 1a1. It felt very daunting at first to be told that you have cancer at 24 years old. But I feel very lucky that i went for my smear test early and that its been detected at a treatable time. I am waiting to have further treatment next month but I just want to say I think you ladies are incredible! 

Hi Aristiekathleen :-)

Welcome to the forum :-) I am so sorry that you have received this diagnosis quite so young, but very happy indeed to hear that you have been initially staged at 1a1. I don't think that there is a lower stage than that :-) If you find you have any questions at all over the next several weeks, please ask us here and keep right away from Google ;-)

Tivoli

Thank you :)

aristie

Thank you :)

aristie