New Year, New Hope

Happy New year to you! I hope the treatment goes well and you sail through… I went though all this in Sept 2020 an I am coming up to a year post my 1st NED scan so hope that this is you in a years time. Be kind to yourself over the next few months and all the best xx

2 Likes

I am new to this forum and new to cervical cancer. I had a hysterectomy 2 weeks ago and I am waiting to hear if I need chemoradiation. It’s been very daunting and it has taken me some time to accept.

1 Like

Good luck. It’s so scary when you’re first diagnosed. My diagnosis was 1st November.

What sort of supplements do.you suggest? I’m im for a radical hysterectomy on 4th Feb all being well x

I’ve no idea how to navigate this page?.:see_no_evil:

I was diagnosed 21st Dec, I’ve had all my scans etc, was at the Queen Elizabeth hospital last Tuesday I’m stage 1b1, something showed up on my liver, but they say unlikely cancer scan to be repeated in 3 months also my gallbladder is dilated so I need the camera down :sleepy: my RH they said would be within 4/5 weeks, then 2 days later got my letters pre op 2nd Feb op on 4th , all being well, I’m terrified I just wished I know what’s up with liver and gallbladder then I might settle down abit xx

Hi how you getting on ?. I’ve no idea how this forum works yet so just seeing replies etc now :see_no_evil:

I have just had my hysterectomy. It is scary, but you will be ok.
The worst part is waiting. I nearly went out if my mind. Christmas and covid in the news every day was not a good combination.

1 Like

Mines next Friday, I’m scared stiff :tired_face:

How’s your recovery going?. Xx

It’s normal to be scared. You will be in good hands. Which hospital are you having it done ?

My recovery is ok. I’m very tired and sleep alot. I don’t have pain. It’s just a bit if discomfort. I had the robotic surgery.

1 Like

Queen Elizabeth hospital in gateshead x

I’m having open surgery as they say they get all the cancer that way? X

I think every procedure is different and will be right for you.
Just trust in your team. You will be ok. It isn’t easy, but we are in the best hands.

1 Like

Hi,

I had my hysterectomy at QE. Ward 21. Such amazing staff. I also had liver lesions picked up in my scans and had to have another mri after hysterectomy. It showed liver hemangiomas. Wishing you all the best but you will be in such safe hands at the QE.

1 Like

Hi aw thanks I’ve heard they are fantastic up there , one of the nurses Yvonne even rang me tonight to see how I am…

I’m worrying about my liver but, the gallbladder dilation the doctor has said he’s not too worried and he’s happy to leave having the camera down till after I recover from my hysterectomy!
Hope you recovered well x

Hi who was your surgeon at the QE ,? My RH was meant to be tomorrow but was cancelled yesterday after my pre op I’m just recovering from a chest infection plus I’m on clopodogril which I was supposed to stop last week but no-one told me that!
Ive a new date 16th my birthday :see_no_evil: bug that’s absolutely fine I’m not bothered about that x

Hi,

I had mine during covid times so never had contact with the surgeon. All the doctors, nurses and staff were all so amazing. Are you on ward 21?

Oh really? No I’m on ward 26

Good luck and I hope it all goes well. QE really was and continues to be amazing.

1 Like

Thankyou very much :blush:

It is a really good hostipal, spoke to a few people who have had gyni surgery and they all say its brilliant

Hope your doing well x