Stage 2b

Hi everyone 

so I had my appointment today to find out my stage and treatment plan :( 

found out today I am 2b because it has spread a little bit but the MRI hasn't picked up anything in the lymph nodes so that's good news but they want me to have a pet scan to check this is the case. I've been transferred to a bigger hospital now so have an appointment to see the consultant oncologist on 6th January where they will set out my chemorads treatment plan.

i thought I would feel relieved when I knew what stage I was, and knew it was treatable and the plan of attack but I'm not I am just absolutely petrified. 

my family are so relieved that it's not stage 4 and untreatable and  they are so positive about me beating this and I just feel like I'm being negative but I am really scared I'm not going to beat it or the treatment won't work or that it is going to be spread all over me by January because it's grade 2/3. 

sorry for moaning I know everyone is going through something similar I just needed to vent 

xxx

Hey Lovely! 
a fellow 2b girl here. I had to wait a wee while from PET to Chemoradiation starting. It's a slow growing cancer and I do not think it would spread in that time. Mine didn't and I'll be a year in remission on the 18th of this month. 
I had my last MRI mid November and it was all clear. 
Rest up and take care of yourself while you are waiting for treatment to start. Treat yourself as much as you are able to even if that's just a lie on and a bar of chocolate. 
look after yourself 

sending love 

S

2b girl here! Diagnosed early 2018 and still doing well xx just take each day as it comes, I know it's hard not to get ahead of yourself but you really are in the best hands and your team are there to support you. You can do this! xx

Oh and just to add, mine was grade 3 and didnt spread all over <3 the tumour reacted very well to treatment and was all but gone 3 weeks into treatment 

Hey sweet 

Sorry to hear you're appointment didn't make you feel better.

I am also a 2b  and had to wait over a month for PET CT. I know the waiting sucks but just remember that it could be a lot worse and as others have mentioned it is a slow growing cancer. 

As mentioned before here if you ever need to chat xxx

Hi!

You have every right to moan, it's a lot to take in , and even though it is not the worst case scenario it is still cancer and that's just utterly terrifying.

I was a 2b2 myself last in August 2019 and had the son called golden treatment,  6 courses of cisplatin chemo, 25 external beam radio blasts and 2 x 28 hours of brachytherapy ( 4 actual treatments) and I am 1 year out and doing just fine.

Treatment is rough, but I found it completely doable. Fysically that is. Mentally was much harder in my experience, but I found this place to be a Godsend.

We've got your back, and you've got this! You can and will do this. You are stronger then you think.

So moan, cry, be scared, eat chocolate, while your nose and kick ***

I just wanted to say thank you for all for responding..

after being staged I honestly thought I would feel better but I don't.. it feels real and scary and I don't feel like I am much of a fighter.

please tell me that it's natural to feel this way at first and that I will move past this bit and get fight ready because I hate being this negative.. 

Xxx

A fellow 2b girl here! Sorry to hear you have had to join this forum but you are in the right place to get support.

The way you are feeling is totally normal, it is alot to take in. The waiting is so hard but you are stronger than you think and you will get through this. I found once I had a treatment plan in place I had something to focus on. I finished treatment in August. It takes it out of you but is managable and you will come out of it even stronger.

Sending love and all good wishes. You have got this.

Hi Rubyshoes

There really isn't a right or wrong way to feel about this thing.  You will inevitably move past this bit because- well time rolls on. I've been very negative about many aspects of my diagnosis and treatment; it's just there came points where I was exhausted from all the weeping and wailing (figuratively and literally speaking) and I adjusted - very slowly in my case.  I think sometimes we put ourselves under pressure, or maybe it gets transmitted from others, that we should be coping in a certain way.  I haven't always found some of the cancer literature helpful e.g. media cancer stories sometimes use the word 'fight'.  Maybe 'fight' isn't a helpful word for you - personally I find the word annoying when used in the context of cancer - I don't feel I fought my cancer - I endured my treatments and often have just muddled along as best (or not) I could.

x

Hi

Sorry to hear you didn't feel better after your appointment. It's a lot to take in and such a rollercoaster of emotions. I've found the waiting for scan results really stressful and was a mess for a few weeks. I worried so much that I've just reached a point where I got tired of worrying and feeling anxious, then I had a few days where I just felt depressed and now I feel stronger mentally and want to just enjoy myself as much as possible before the treatment. Like you I'm worried about the future but after meeting my Consultant, she gave me so much confidence that they are going to blast it with so much that they'll get rid of it so I'm focusing on that. 

I'm 3C1 adenocarcinoma with lymph node involvement and will be having the chemorads too so will be going through it at a similar time. I know it's not going to be a walk in the park but we can do this xxx

This waiting is hell! You're just powerless. I can imagine you're petrified! I found my imagination absolutely running amok and I think I'm okay and some tiny silly thing will set me off - I picked my cat up yesterday and suddenly started crying because once I've had my hysterectomy I won't be able to for ages. So silly. But the feelings are all real. And they won't go away till the treatment gets underway and hopefully the cancer turns tail! Be gentle with yourself and allow yourself to have fun over Christmas when you can and to curl up and cry when you need to.