Diagnosed with stage 2B Adenocarcinoma

Evening ladies,

Been to see consultant this afternoon for my diagnosis. After what feels like a lifetime waiting for this day, when in reality it's only eight weeks since I went to the doctors with spotting. I know now I have Cervical Cancer which is stage 2B Adenocarcinoma. 

In some strange way I feel a little relieved now I know what it is. Unfortunately I can't have surgery so will be having Chemoradiation. Hopefully I will be meeting with the oncologist next week to discuss the treatment and find out when it starts. 

Would like to hear from other ladies that are, or were stage 2B. Feels almost unreal at the minute, as if I am talking about someone else! 

Sending love and positive vibes to everyone else fighting ❤️

Hi sorry you find yourself here. This is a great forum with an amazing group of ladies.

Just wanted to say hello - I had same diagnosis as you nearly 6 years ago & was discharged just a fortnight ago. I too had chemo & radiotherapy & brachytherapy. 

The treatment is doable, yes there can be side effects! You'll find the medical team are brilliant and if you've got questions or problems are there to help. Likewise the ladies on this forum are a great to share stories and offer advice.

Best wishes on the next stage of this journey.

Hi MME

Thank you so much for your reply. I can't tell you how much reading that has given me hope. It's difficult to stay positive when you have every scenario running through your mind 24/7!

I just want to get on with it now. Have first meeting with my Oncologist on Tuesday so the wheels are in motion! 

Congratulations on beating the big C and being discharged, you must be on top of the world!!

Hopefully I'll be saying the same in five years time ?? xx

Hi 

??‍♀️ Me! It's coming up to my 2 year diagnosis anniversary on the 28th of this month. 2b Adenocarcinoma too. Yes treatment is tough at times but definitely very accomplishable.

you can do this and go easy on yourself during treatment. Give yourself little treats and pamper yourself during treatment. A wee bar of chocolate or one of those sheet face masks. Just go easy and take every day just as it comes and before you know it you will be ringing that bell to celebrate the end of your treatment journey. 
take care ❤️

1 Like

Hello! 2B here too. Diagnosed 3 years ago today and so far so good. I would advise to drink plenty of water and just to take each day as it comes. Talk to your team about any worries/concerns/side effects. And also to others on this forum. xx 

1 Like

Hi Sbray

Thanks for your message. I'm not worrying too much now about the treatment. I know it's crazy but I've been more anxious about telling my son I have cancer! Anyway we had the conversation last night and it went so much better than I'd anticipated. Now I've got that out the way I'm ready to rock and roll!!

I will definitely be taking your advice about the pampering! Do you have any advice pre-treatment? I know a lot of people say it's good to prepare your skin with a good moisturiser before you start radiotherapy. Also if you don't mind me asking, did you lose your hair at all?

I am definitely focusing on ringing that bell in a couple of months ?

Xx

1 Like

Hi George's Marvel,

Sorry to hear you're in this club too. Thank you so much, I will do that.

Wishing you well with your treatment. Stay strong girl ❤️

1 Like

Hi lboyle89,

So happy to hear you are through it ?

Thanks for the advice. I'm not good at drinking loads usually but going to make a conscious effort with the water. Definitely agree that it's best not to look too far ahead and just focus on the day. Baby steps and all that!

I am finding so much comfort in reading the positive stories on here. Definitely makes it all a lot less daunting.

Enjoy your weekend xx

1 Like

I didn't loose my hair apart from down below and was livid when that grew back ?it was the best bikini wax I had ever had. 

The hair on my head did thin and is coming back to itself and thickening up now. 
I got as fit as I possibly could pre treatment and suffered very little side effects. I was tired and lethargic but rested a lot when my body told me too. 
My skin was fine and didn't burn but I think that everyone is different and reacts differently to treatment.

Good Luck! 

1 Like

Ha ha that sounds awesome. Who's gonna complain about a freebie bikini wax ??

I have really short hair anyway that I've been cutting myself during lockdown, mental I know ? so haven't got that much to start with!!

So pleased that you had so few side effects. I've lost just over a stone in the last few weeks, I tend to lose my appetite when I'm stressed. I need to get a couple more off to be fair but it's the least of my worries right now.

Taking it a day at a time. Thanks for your well wishes xx

1 Like

Hi! Girls, what treatment have you received or what treatment are you being offered? I am interested in the SCC cancer marker if you have a squamous cell tumor (for adenocarcinoma, the marker is not used). How informative are they? With cancer markers, not everything is clear. What are the opinions of your doctors?

1 Like