Good news - and some thoughts on your 3 month scans

Hi everyone, firstly thank you for all being here. This forum really has been a source of comfort for me at various points over the last 8 months, since I was diagnosed with 3c1 CC in January. I just wanted to pop on and update, that last week I got the first all clear. Some of you will have seen my posts from my scan at 3 months, at which I still had 1cm residual tumor on my cervix. I was absolutely heartbroken, having expected it to be gone! So I went away and did absolutely everything I could - radically changed my diet, acupuncture, supplements, emotional work to release old trauma, meditation…you name it, I gave it a go! My intention was to throw everything at the cancer in the hope that it wouldn’t spread before my 6 month scan and thus I would be able to have curative surgery, but I had my PET scan and biopsies last week and all came back negative. There was a tiny patch with very low SUV on the PET, but the biopsies confirmed this is just inflammation from the radiation. I will have an MRI every 3 months for the next 2 years to check for recurrence, so now my plan is to stay happy and healthy to stop the cancer rearing its head again.

So in short, I’m here to say thank you AND, don’t worry if everything isn’t gone at your 3 month scan!! Radiation really does keep working for months after and every heals at different rates. My oncologist was always confident that it would be gone at 6 months, but I really found it so difficult when it wasn’t done at 3. So, I’m thinking of all of you and sending much love, light and strength. Stay positive, keep fighting to stay alive. Medical advancements are real and are happening at rapid pace for all cancers. Look after yourselves. With love, Georgie x

10 Likes

Great news @Georgiethallasso
so happy for you :clap:t3::heart:

3 Likes

This is amazing and I am so happy for you!

1 Like

BEYOND thrilled for you!! <3

2 Likes

Congratulations. I know it is really hard to stay calm and positive. I am now in year 3 post treatment for 3c. Just keep swimming.

4 Likes

OMG amazing update 🩷💚 These types of updates give people hope and helps to keep people in a positive place x

So happy for you x

3 Likes