Colposcopy yesterday

Hi everyone

went for a colposcopy yesterday due to go referral and was told that by the doctor she could feel and see about a 7cm growth on the cervix, I am so scared, my MRI is booked for tomorrow and a CT scan booked for Friday. Terrified as to what stage it's going be put at.

im 29 with no children and although I'm trying to be positive that at least everything is moving quickly I can't help but be overwhelmed with everything going so quickly.

has anyone got any advice?

thank you 

Hey sweetheart,

I am so sorry you're going through this, I was you just over a year ago and the waiting sucks so badly, it gets better though and once you have everything in place it goes quite quickly. 
Try to stay off google, I wasted hours stressing myself out and driving myself to insanity. I think I spent my sleepless nights reading pretty much every post on this forum.
No matter what stage try to stay positive treatments can be really successful and there are loads of women on this forum who are testament to that. 
Do whatever you need to do to get through this time, it's fine to scream and shout, cry whatever you need there is no right or wrong, just don't be alone. There are always people here who will happily be there for you and get where you're coming from which is sometimes hard for friends and family. 
I hope you get the answers you need soon, if you haven't had an MRI before it's really really noisy and don't panic if you get really hot, the sides do get quite warm. 
much love to you,

emma xx 

Hi 

so sorry for your horrible news xx I have mine next week and agree that the wait is not good all kinds of things going through the mind xx let us know how you get on xx

Thanks so much for your kind words, I'm an emotional wreck, I cry at the smallest stuff and still have hope that obviously treatment comes next. The outcome of these scans terrifies me, really nervous for this MRI I don't know how long it takes either so that's worrying me to that I'm going be there hours and then have to go back tomorrow for the CT scan. 
I will be trying to remain positive, I hate given the current COVID situation all these appointments I'm having to go through alone xxx

I really feel for you, it's hell there's no denying it's the hardest thing I have ever been through and Coronavirus just makes harder stuff just even harder.

My first MRI took like 40 minutes total. I had a scan on Monday and I went in at 1.15 and was back in the car on my way home by 2.15pm. 
For my staging MRI they gave me a canula and buscopan to slow my bowel movements down, I haven't had any side effects except maybe a bit of a dry mouth. They give you a button to hold whilst you are being scanned to call them if you need to, a heavy plate is placed over your pelvic region and they play music in the headphones which I find is never loud enough to drown out the noise lol you'll be fine, just don't be afraid to ask questions. Get a little note book and write down anything you think of you want to know so you don't forget. 
I was lucky enough that my PET  was immediately after my MRI so they left the canula in, they give you an isotope for the PET scan which they will explain to you I had to avoid my kiddos for 8 hours (I've been trying to do that for years!!) and they scan you from head to knees it's a much more pleasant experience than the MRI but both are ok.

i found that some of the head space/meditation apps really helped with my anxiety, and wine. 
massive virtual hugs,

emma xx 

I'm sorry that you find yourself in this situation. You already have some great advice from the others here. I just wanted to say whatever the results you got this! This group is amazing and offers so much excellent advice and support!

Hi Kizzimart,

The growth they found on my cervix was a similiar size to yours. I did loads of reading and thought I must be a really late stage due to the size. My results came back as stage 1b2 (very treatable). Whatever the outcome you can do this and we'll be there to answer any questions along the way regardless of how bizarre you think they might be smile

x Maria

Hi thank you so much for the kind words, I'm just wracking my self with worry I think, is it normal to think every other pain you get now is because I'm assuming the cancer has spread? 
I've done that reading up part and have convinced myself it's very very advanced so these scans are worrying me even more now. 
xx

Thanks so much Emma, it's nice to know that someone can help me with what to expect, my mri is at 8.50 today so right now I'm still at panic stations worrying about, getting changed, what will they see, how long I'll be in there. I'm going to ask to be put feet first as I'm so nervous about being in there head first, I'm not sure they will do it but I can only ask I assume. 
thanks so much for responding.

k xx

Hey sweetheart,

well I really hope your MRI went well. I honestly think we all go through similar things, I have so many aches and pains that seem to magically disappear once scan day is over. These days if I have a headache it's cancer not the 2 bottles of wine I drank the night before, a sore knee and it's cancer not bloody Joe Wicks! It's completely normal to be irrational you just need to try and tame that beast, which is easier said than done but try not to panic about staging, just focus on no matter what the outcome you will kick cancers butt and you will get through this. 
massive hugs xx

Hi hun, well the mri went better than I thought considering I was so nervous, had the Buscopan and the plate on my tummy and chest, had to do the breathing exercises during the end of the mri so I don't know what that was about but it was done in about 35mins altogether. I've my CT scan tomorrow at 1pm and I've got to drink a pint of water an hour before, I'm hoping that I should have some news by early next week. How long did you have to wait after scans to be staged? Don't get me wrong I'm absolutely terrified of the outcome but I think once I know how they are gonna help me tackle it my body will respond and I'll start being more positive about getting through this fight xxx

Woohoo!  Well done you! One down one to go! PET scans are so much more civilised than MRI scans.
I want to say that I had my scan on a Monday and the MDT meeting at my hospital is on a Wednesday morning so by the following Monday I had a meeting confirming my stage and plan of action. It really depends when your hospital holds their MDT (multidisciplinary team) meetings. do you have any other appointments lined up? I guess at the moment it may well be that you have a phone appointment maybe?!? I just don't know in these crazy times. I hope you hear something news sooner rather than later just to put your mind at ease. 
good luck with tomorrow, I'll be thinking of you xxx

Oh good that's better then I won't be so nervous for tomorrow's scan. I've not got any other appointments after this scan tomorrow so I'm assuming that I may get a phone call at some point to ask me to go into clinic to discuss the results as I'm unsure as when they hold the MDT actually. Thank you so much, honestly without being able to speak to someone I actually don't know how I'm keeping my sanity xx

This site was a blessing in the dark times for me and the woman are amazing. Some one here will always be able to answer any question or just be there for you if you need to off load. 
big hugs for tomorrow xxx 

I'm super grateful I've found this site, everyone's experiences and answers are super helpful aswell, it's nice to know that when you feel like you're being irrational that it's actually normal and a lot of people feel the same. I'm hoping that things may come quickly after this scan tomorrow. 
I've been to work today after my scan and although I'm fine around my husband and family I was so tearful when my colleagues were asking if I was ok xx

hi kizzimart

Sorry to read of your circumstances and how stressed you've been about your mri! I was just like you in that I was worrying about everything including for example going into the scanner head first, all these things which once the scan is over you realise are fine... its just the adrenaline I think, that makes you hypersensitive to finding every possible worry in a situation! 

I think you did really well to go to work after your scan, well done, and its totally natural to feel tearful after such a frightening few days. 

As Emmz says, I'm sure you will find the CT scan a much more civilised affair. The tube is bigger, it doesnt make a noise, and mine was in a room with windows! Its the little things that make a difference! The mri scan will show the doctors what inside you looks like, and the ct scan will show them how your insides are working. It helped me to find out more about the scans and what they did and how, because im a bit of a nerd.... i could probably give a full blown presentation on pet-ct now as I found the science behind it very impressive.

Like Emmz my team hold MDT meetings on Wednesday mornings and I got a call on that Wednesday afternoon with my results and my treatment options. I was then given a further 2 weeks to decide what I wanted to do. Once the decision was made it was 1 week until I had my surgery. So it all moved really quickly. 

Its possible you could ask your nurse or someone in your colposcopy dept when the MDT meeting happens, so you can give yourself an idea of when to expect your results, so you won't be jumping for the phone every time it rings! I had to change my ringtone after treatment because I came to associate it with hospital calls and it set my pulse racing every time it started up! 

Hope you have a smooth easy pet scan and do let us know if you need anything or have any questions, as Emmz says, the ladies on this site have been so amazing in helping me get through the last few months 

All the best xXx

Thanks so much for your kind words, it means a lot . Also thanks for explaining how it works because you just fill yourself with worry with the unknown. I think I might give the CNS a call today after my scan just so I feel more at ease myself. I keep thinking I'm just going hear the worst news, I try to snap back out of it but it's so hard to do sometimes. I feel as though I am watching this happen to myself and I just wanna step in and tell myself I'll get through it xx

Hello 

you will get through it xx sending you hugs and let us know how you get on xxx

Well I've managed to get through the CT scan, so I'm hoping I'm going to get somewhere with the staging and treatment options soon, still absolutely terrified but I am trying to be positive that I will soon have an answer and a plan going forward. 
xx

You're doing well! Keep going!

You are not alone. Its okay to feel scared and overwhelmed. You will find your way through in spite of these feelings xXx