Hi Guys me as well

Hi everyone

Got the dreaded call this morning I have cancer, I couldnt react as my 15 year old daughter was in the room, she doesnt know and I cant tell her.  Have an appointment to see a consultant tom, im waiting for an MRI scan and a chest x-ray.  Im so desperate to start treatment the waiting is the worst thing, the thing is I dont feel unwell, although the tops of my legs are a bit sore, apparently another symptom of this pesky illness.  They say that my cervix was still soft when they examined it after the colposcopy which is a good sign, but I dont really know what to think, I am trying to stay optimistic blooming hard though.  

Anyway wanted to say hi xxx

Hello - sorry you’ve had to join this club! :frowning:

It’s really hard to stay optimistic … The waiting is by far the hardest part of this whole thing. By tomorrow you’ll have a bit more of an idea of what’s going on.
I was like you - no symptoms… And that’s what I really struggled with as I didn’t feel unwell!

I’m sorry I can’t offer much support but I didn’t want to read and run… You’ll experience a whole lot of ups and downs through this … and we’ll all be here for you.

I’ll be thinking of you tomorrow … And all the best with all your scans.

Em xxx

Thanks Em, im trying not to google or pay any attention to horror stories.  This site is great as it brings it all back to perspective x

I'm really sorry to hear this :(

I'm in the same situation as you (I found out last weds) so I know there's nothing that I can say that will help or make you feel less worried right now but if you want to talk at all just message me. Keep us updated once you've met with you consultant - ill have my fingers crossed xxx

Only just seen your other post - sorry! Glad you've got a nice consultant and he sounds positive about things :) When is your MRI? xxx