Yay (I think)

Just got back from the hospital. I saw the nurse as opposed to consultant which I took to mean good news.

There is no convincing evidence of residual tumour. There is a small area that hasn’t gone fully back to normal but could be scar tissue or something.

I’ll be re scanned in August now.

I’m taking this as it’s gone. I might be fooling myself but I can’t spend the next 3 months worrying and sitting on the couch so I’m back to work asap.

Thanks to everyone on this site for being there x x

Oh Philleepa wonderful news and so deserved. Here's hoping the final piece of the jigsaw will be solved on next scan. Onward and upward. Another great success story.

love, hugs and jubilant cheers

Helen

xxxx

Hi phileepa just wanted to say huge congratulations.  I've never posted on here before just read since I was diagnosed and treated for 1a1 in January 2015 at age 33 but I've been following your story since the start. I logged on today to check how your appointment went and was so happy to read your post, really so happy for you couldnt stop smiling! Well done, it must have been so hard for you to deal with but sounds like you've done so well with all your appointments and trying to look after yourself. Since what happened to me ive made alot of life style changes and am sipping on my green tea as i type lol, helps me to think im doing all i can as all this caused me to have very severe health anxiety but feel pretty good most of the time now. I truly  wish you all the best for the future and hope you can get back to a normal and happy life again xxx

Fantastic news!  I am so pleased for you. Celebration time I think!!!!

Fab news!!

I'd just finished my treatment when I started to look at the forums and your posts were the first I came across. Really happy to read this. :)

Lisa xxx

Hi Philleepa,

I am so happy to read your good news, I often wonder how you are getting on and I wish you all the best.

Mel xx

definately yay!!

one of the first things my consultant told me was not to expect a clear first scan as it would more than likely be scar tissue. 

i couldn't be happier for you. I've said this before but your blog got me through my darkest time of waiting for treatment to start. 

we have supported you as you have supported us!!

xx

Great news Philleepa, I've been following your story xx

Absolutely Fabulous news for a great lady.

Big hugs and stay well,

Nx

Brilliant, brilliant news Philleepa, so, so happy for you. I know you have been itching to get back to work and I hope that this means that you can start again immediately. All my very best wishes for a long and happy life :-)

xxxxx
Tivoli

Sort of waving you goodbye because I know you want to put all this behind you and walk away :-)

Aww thanks everyone. 

I'm back to work after half term I think. Got my first baby starting.  Will spend the next weekend setting up my playroom,  cleaning all the toys and sorting paperwork out. Half term will be spent with my children  (am off to pick my daughter up from uni today.  Home now till October )

My friend has just messaged me asking if I have woken up with a huge sense of relief but funnily enough I haven't.  Maybe it's the small area that's not back to normal or maybe it's the fear of it coming back, I dunno. I'm just going to try to put it to the back of my mind though - it'll probably take a few days really. My family want us to go out and celebrate but I don't want to.  I just want to lock it away in a cupboard and throw away the key! 

Tivoli, I'm not leaving this site. It's been an absolute godsend.  I know how much I have been helped by people such as yourself who have been through it and I hope I can do the same. 

Thanks again to everyone on here x 

Oh Philleep, I'm so pleased for you...congratulations. Please dont be a stranger as I'm sure your story will inspire lots of future ladies to kick cancers butt.

Really happy for you. Now get on with your lifee and enjoy everyday.

P x

Philleepa, this is a great post :) 

I completely understand your not wanting to go out. 

Thank you for being you and giving your support through your trickiest of times (what an understatement lol). 

Have a fab couple of weeks preparing for your littlies and with your family.

Dont be a stranger, sweets

Much love, Ems xxx

Thanks again everyone for your good wishes. I'm so thankful to the hospital. Will probably end up signing up to do a marathon now to raise money. I hate running!!!!!

Hey Philleepa

Great news for you, so pleased it was positive.

Take Care 

XX

Hi Philleepa :-)

So glad to hear that you don't plan to run off over the horizon just yet awhile. You are a real star on this site and would be sorely missed. I can completely understand your lack of desire to celebrate just at the moment. One day you will want to and that will be a wonderful day and a wonderful celebration.

Heaps of love

Tivoli
xxxxx

Brilliant news!!! 

I reacted the same way - wasn't over the moon, didn't want to celebrate etc...just wanted to forget it all x

Morning philleepa,

only just seen this, fantastic news. Keep positive and I hope everything gets back to normal for you now. 

Sarah xxx

That's great news xx

So thrilled for you.  Yours was one of the first stories I read when I joined this forum and I found it so encouraging. You've done so well and your journey has been really inspiring. Check back in from time to time and let us know how you are and most importantly, whether you've managed to get your rounders game back to speed!

much love.t