Worried

hi there. I’m sorry but I’ve not been diagnosed with anything yet but I’m really worried.

i went on holiday at the beginning of September and wanted to delay my period. I took two packs of Yasmin pill back to back. I have had my seven day break and period but I haven’t stopped bleeding for over a week after. It is very light spotting almost smears and it comes and goes.I went to the doctor as I was concerned but she said it’s probably from taking the pill back to back. I’ve been told to wait a month to see if it settle. I don’t have any pain or other symptoms but I googled it and it keeps coming up with cervical cancer. I’m 37 had a baby 3 years ago via c section. 

im just worried as I haven’t had a recent smear.

do you think I should be worried?

thanks so much 

Hi, When was your last smear? Within the last 10-15 years? Abnormal cells takes many years to develop into CC and even before that, it‘s possible for them to revert to normal without treatment. Many benign conditions can have some or similar symptoms of CC. So it’s not always wise to refer to Dr Google, but to speak with medical personnel.

It’s possible that taking the pill has disrupted your hormones. Has the doctor suggested a hormone test? Perhaps ask for a smear if at all worried.

Hi, just joined forum.  I’m also worried. Had my smear a week ago which was a year late , fairly regular smears before that all normal.  Always had heavy periods, fitted with mirena to control bleeding & told had fibroids.  Mirena didn’t agree with me and had to get it out in July 17.  Periods settled back down again although still extremely heavy were regular.  Over last 3 months though things have been weird, some spotting, period lasted 2 weeks, next one nearly 4 weeks on and off with stringy blood clots (different from my usual clots) and now over last 3 weeks I have had all sorts of discharge - thick, thin, brown, watery and bloody(Sorry if tmi) I have also been really tired all the time.  Nurse told me last week results would be 6 weeks and I am so worried and have a bad feeling something is seriously wrong.  I’m 43 so could be early symptoms of the change - maybe?

Has anyone else had these symptoms & is 6 weeks normal waiting time for smear test results? 

Thank you