Worried for my girl

Hey everyone, looking for some advice as I’m worried sick!
I was diagnosed with Cervical Cancer when I was 29 years old and had a radical hysterectomy which successfully removed the tumour. My daughter who is 23 received the news she had CIN3 and had a loop excision in January this year. Since then she has continued to bleed after sex and has occasional spotting. She has just received an appointment to return to the colposcopy clinic as her follow up smear test shows ‘changes that require further investigation’! The reason I am very worried is today she called me to say she had a ‘really big bleed’ which included large clots and this has happened on two other occasions. She called the clinic as her appointment isn’t until next Wednesday to seek advice. She was told the appointment was made as the smear showed positive for HPV and as it was late in the afternoon she should seek advice from her GP or A&E. The bleeding has stopped and she feels fine but I feel live she is reliving everything I went through even though the doctors assure me it is not hereditary! What could be causing the large sudden bleeding? And should she wait another week?

Hi Loobs:

Heavy bleeding is always a worry so I'm glad she's got her appointment. Could she call her doctor tomorrow and see what he/she says? If it's stopped, maybe they'll leave her until her appointment next week when they can check her out.

Tons of women on here have bouts of heavy bleeding which seems to be caused by a whole array of things so maybe the doctor can get to the bottom of it.

I know you're worried about your baby. The doctors will take care of her so try and hang in there. 

Keep us posted.

t x

Thanks TeresaF. Yes the bleeding has stopped but she has been having some shooting pains :( Luckily her appointment is only a week away and will hopefully get some answers then! it was the same when I had my 'bleeds' I would pass large clots and feel fine with no other symptoms which is the reason I'm worried. We lost her dad from a brain tumour when she was only 1 year old and she was then diagnosed with Epilepsy when she turned 18 (appeared totally out of the blue) I feel "my baby" has had enough to deal with and really could do with some good news.

Hi Loobs I've had cc for 16 months now and have never had any pain with it just the treatment. I think her GP will be able to help I have a girl the same age and it is more worrying when it's them than us. Jayne 

She is totally deserving of some good news! 

I know you're worrying, so keep on hanging in there. You and she have survived some tough times, so you're a damn good team. I'm sure she relies on you for support, so keep jumping on here if you need some support for you.

love t x

Thanks Jayne & TeresaF, she had some more spotting yesterday so visited her GP who looked up the results of the smear. She said her smear result was negative but positive for HPV.  I'm not sure what this means but the GP has advised her to wait until her appointment on Wednesday so I'll keep you posted. just want to thank you both for taking the time to help put my mind at ease when you both have so much to cope with yourselves 

No problem! Good news about the negative smear.

Tons of people are positive for HPV and there are about 100 different strains. There's only a couple that are linked with an increased risk of cervical cancer. The GP will be able to put her mind at rest and sort out her bleeding problem.

Good luck and keep us posted.

t x