Worried daughter

Firstly I would like to thank all for your posts as these have been a great source of understandable and precise info for someone like myself, who has supported my Mum through Cervical Cancer Treatment.

I have used this site to help me understand when my mum was diagnosed with cervical cancer in 2015 - She has been a hero dealing with all her treatment, and now we have a spanner in the works as she now needs a chest CT as showing signs that her lungs are not ok.

Iam 40 years old and mum to 2 amazing dughters (17 & 12) and have been experiancing bleeding every 2 weeks for the past 6 months and post coiltal, I understand that Cervical cancer is not a hereditary and due to my mum Iam concious and smear tests are up to date... last test clear.  After concerns and being tested every 6 months.

Personally a limb must be loose before I visit the doctor ... bad experiances, but I have a underlying feeling I need to have this checked out.

I have reached out here as I do not want to mention to my Mum as my job is to protect her, after a 3 and a half week wait, in which time 2 exispodes of bleeding Iam off to the doctors this afternoon.

Apoligies if this is not the right place to offload, god willing all is ok with you all

Thank you for your time

Hi Green purple. Sorry to hear about your mum, but having hope is so important in this journey as so many of us have had ups and downs along the way, which can often be helped. Sounds like you have done the right thing for you though, ie getting things checked out, as it is so easy to jump ahead and assume the worst. Hope your visit went well yesterday, and that whatever is causing the bleeding can be treated asap. It's wonderful that you have two amazing daughters. I have too. It's a hard thing for them as they are starting out in life, but I'm sure they will have regular smears when they are old enough, just as you have done. All the best to you all.