results

Evening ladies

Someone may have already asked this but really worried and couldn't find any post similar.

2 weeks ago I had a Colposcopy and llelz where biopsy were taken, I had an severe abnormal smear before going for this and have had some bleeding after sex.

I gave just received a phone call asking me in for appointment tomorrow I'm petrified that I have cancer has anyone been through this ? Am I just overreacting

Sorry if this post has already been done

Any advice I would be grateful 

Hi Mags

Can understand why you are worried but nobody can say for definite what your results are going to be till you get there.  At least you haven't got too long to wait.

I know you will be feeling awful right now but please be reassurred that even if they have found cancer its not the end of the world as lots of ladies on here will tell you.  

Good luck for tomorrow and let us know how you get on.

Hugs, Cheryl,xx

Thanks Cheryl 

I was pleased I didn't have to wait long , I will let you know tomorrow when I know 

Just reading through some of peoples experience an here has made me realize that its not the end of the world 

Thanks for taking the time to respond 

Hi cheryl

Just to update you as I suspected it is cancer, have to wait now for an MRI scan to see if its spread they think it's contained to the cervix.

The said its 1b1, they said I would need a radical hysterectomy but will be told more after MRI when I see the consultant

Thanks again

Mags

Hi cheryl

Just to update you as I suspected it is cancer, have to wait now for an MRI scan to see if its spread they think it's contained to the cervix.

The said its 1b1, they said I would need a radical hysterectomy but will be told more after MRI when I see the consultant

Thanks again

Mags

Hi Mags

So sorry for the late response, only just managed to get online to see if you had left an update.  So, so sorry to hear of your diagnosis.  Did suspect it might be that as the same had happened to me - though I had a phone call on a Friday to go in on the Monday - talk about the weekend from hell!

Anyway, enough about me.  You are going to get through this OK.  1b1 is still early stage, I had exactly the same.  This part now is the worst.  Once you have seen the consultant and have started your treatment plan then you feel better that something is being done.  The hysterectomy was much better than I thought it would be.  I was seriously terrified but coped with it fine and was up and moving about pretty soon afterwards.

You have to take it easy when you come out but I can give you lots of advice about that when the time comes.  Feel free to pm me anytime, ask anything etc etc.  You'll get lots of support off this site and I'll be here to hold your hand.  If I can do it then so can you!

Hugs, Cheryl,xx

Thanks Cheryl I couldn't imagine having to wait a whole weekend a night was a complete nightmare

I'm not exactly sure how I feel I think numb is the best word lol 

The hardest part I found was telling my 17 year old daughter, I'm just heading out to tell my mum I'm completely dreading it.

Thanks for the support I may have some questions when it sinks in properly. 

Thanks for the support 

Mags 

Hi Mags

Yes, numb is a very good word to describe it.  It hit me a day or so after and I sobbed then.  Once I'd got that out of the way I didn't really get tearful again though I was very worried until I saw my consultant.  He was (and still is) extremely supportive, kind and helpful.  That made a big difference to how I felt and reassurred me that it could be dealt with successfully.

Sadly I haven't got any children - wrong man, wrong time etc and I no longer have my parents.  Mum passed away just over 6 years ago and Dad 2 years ago - they would have been devastated so can fully understand when you say you are dreading telling your mum.

Keep me posted, I'm here whenever you need support, answers etc.

Hugs, Cheryl,xx

Hi Cheryl

Sorry not for back to you sooner been having a few woo is me days but put my big girl head back on now lol

Such sad news to hear about your parents I don't know what I would do if I lost my mum ( she took it a lot better than I expected her to thankfully ) 

Ive had my appointment for MRI for Monday very worried about it put trying to be positive about it all not met my consultant yet so not sure what he will be like.

This may sound like a silly question but did u feel any different I keep waiting to feel different but I feel exactly the same as before the diagnosis just numb if that makes any sense at all.

Sorry to keep bothering you with things

Mags Xxx

Hi Mags

You are not bothering me at all, just glad to be of help. I felt in the early stages that I was living 2 parallel lives - one where everything was normal and then I'd have times where I slipped into a different 'life' with all the fears and insecurities.  Good job the normal bit still existed and I was grateful to have my job to keep me occupied.  The numb feeling will probably wear off once you start going for your appointments as the reality tends to kick in then.

I was worried about my MRI too but got through it OK.  At least you go in feet first and my head was out for the first bit and my eyes were just out for the 2nd bit.  It didn't take too long and the people doing it were lovely and so kind.  I didnt meet my consultant till the MRI results were through.

Yes, I miss my mum so much.  I'm so glad you have got your mum supporting you, there is no one quite like her when times are tough.

Good luck for Monday and keep asking away, anything that you can think off.

Hugs, Cheryl,xx

Hi mags and cheryl

thought I would post as mags i am going though the exact same thing as you right now. Had a Friday phone call to go in on the Monday - this was last week and was told the bad news. Stage one tumour at mo. My MRI is tuesday. I've coped ok but the last two days I've cried quite a lot. Keep freaking out about it spreading and am making myself ill with worry to the point of having panic attacks. Lete know how u go as it seems we have been diagnosed at same time so may be undergoing surgery or treatment at similar times too. Sophie x

Hi Sophie

Totally understand how you are feeling right now but please be assured that its a very slow growing cancer so it won't have got any bigger since you were diagnosed.  Grade 1 is early stage and more easily treatable.  You will feel better once you have spoken to your consultant, I know I did.  Try to focus on the future, getting through your treatment and subsequent recovery.  You can do this, its amazing how we cope but we do - one step at a time.  My special word I used to repeat to myself was 'courage' and it really helped.

Please don't make yourself ill worrying.  You'll have lots of support from the ladies on here, you won't be alone.

Hugs, Cheryl,, xx

Hi Sophie I know how you feel I keep worrying about the same things but I seem to have gone into denial or something as Ive not cried since I found felt like it but telling myself no don't cry its not going to help don't know of that makes any sense at all but hopefully you follow

Good luck we are here if u need to talk 

Hi Cheryl

Need a little advice before I see consultant on Monday I'm not sure what questions I should be asking ? Any tips 

Hope you are well

Xx

Hi guys 

well MRI results are in and am feeling much more positive. No signs of spread. appt with consuktabt next Friday to discuss surgery - either rad trachelectomy or rad hysterectomy. I'm not bothered about that I just want it out!!! Any advice tho guys between the two? Have heard the tracky can leave traces but hyst better in long run so im

more tempted by that and so is hubby? Mags if you want to chat pls message me x Sophie x

Hi Sophie

Not had my MRI results yet but glad you got the news I was told initially that I would have a radical hysterectomy so not sure what the other is as I've not Looked into Any others I didn't want to worry or scare myself 

Mags

Hi Mags

I would advise you ask the following:  what incision will you have (eg keyhole, bikini line or vertical), how long are you likely to be in, what pain relief will you be given, what the post op care is, how long will you have a catheter in and what happens after you are discharged.  Oh yes, and ask how soon the op will be and what will be taken away.

I felt so much better after I had seen my consultant and had it all explained.  I really felt at that point that something was being done to get rid of it and he really knew what he was doing - thank goodness!

I would let yourself have a cry if you feel like it, don't bottle it up.  Sometimes you can feel a release letting it out.

Hope you are coping OK.  It won't be long before you can start your recovery and start getting your life back.

Hugs, Cheryl,xx

Hi Sophie

That's brilliant news that there's no spread, so pleased for you.  I didn't have a choice of op but I was fine with my rad hysterectomy.  It was the Wertheims one where it is all taken away. If its true the tracky can leave traces then I would definitely go for the rad hyst!

Good luck, keep us posted.

Hugs, Cheryl,xx

Hi Cheryl 

Thanks for that the only question I could think to ask was when the op would be Then I draw a blank.

Fingers crossed I'll feel better after Monday and can let all the emotion go 

I'll let you know on Monday 

Thanks again your a great help 

Mags xx

Hi Mags

Always here if you need me!  Good luck for Monday.

Hugs, Cheryl,xx