worried and emotionally scared!!

Hi ladies i feel silly posting on here as there is probably nothing to my experience as others have faced.
I feel foolish but i had my first smear the other week, shamefully im 30 years of age (i know stupid!)
Well my result came through a week after smear with High grade abnormalities severe dyskaryosis.
I was instantly in floods of tears, my partner is being great telling me and trying to support me as to not worry and stress we have two boys aged 7 and 2.
My worry is as ive not had one when i should of how long have i had the cells etc…
i have my appointment they wanted me in this week but as my period is due weve rearranged now have to wait till 23rd.
im probably rambling on i just find my self wanting information, alli keep hearing is im silly to research and that there has been called in for colposcopies and its been nothing. i do feel little silly, finding my self stressing and brain going in overdrive spontaneous crying going to be a long wait for colposcopy.
Should i worry? has there been ladies that have had severe dyskaryosis but not needed biopsy or treatments?

I researched it and in all honesty it put my mind at ease. Knowing what to expect when I was in there. 

I too had severe dyskaryosis when I went for my colposcopy she told me the cells were CIN3. I knew what she was talking about because I had previously googled it. She removed them there and then under local anaesthetic. Now just waiting on results from the biopsy  

You will be totally fine I hope. Just try not to stress it'll be a long wait if you are stressing. Do some research and read some other people's stories on here. 

goodluck 

I went for my smear two years late. Nothing I can do about our foolishness now just learn from it. I had abnormal cells and had a colposcopy on 31/1/17, waiting for results. My abnormal cells were in the glandular region/cervical canal

Fingers crossed for you. Seems to be a lot of us ladies waiting for results at this time. 

It's the wait that gets me most

Thank you ladies for your reply, 

I have been reading through the many stories on here with same diagnosis and it does help. People say I'm putting my self through unnecessary worry reading up on it, however I'm not worried about the procedure as such yes it's not going to be pleasant but reading other experiences is giving the information to know what to expect.

I suppose the worrying part for me is that stupidly I'm 5 years late having my first smear. I know not alot I can do to account for my stupidity. My partner has said don't worry but find myself OK one minute then crying the next. I'm quite hard faced most of the time so this is new to me. 

I've got 2 weeks till colposcopy then possibly a further 4 weeks for results.... 

2-2-2017 high grade severe dyskaryosis first smear

23-2-2017 colposcopy 

Hi Sharn

Don't feel silly for how you are feeling. It's normal to automatically think the worst. I also recieved severe dyskaryosis on my first smear and my mind went into overdrive exactly like yours did.

I found it helped me to research things as it helped me to understand things abit more and when I was at my colposcopy I sort of knew what to expect and would understand what they are talking about. Researching made me understand how common this is actually is.

At my colp it was confirmed I had an area of abnormalities, most likely CIN3 and this was removed and then sent off to be tested. Results came back confirming CIN2 and CIN3. I would also recommend taking someone with you incase you do have to have the treatment. I'm glad I did as I felt like I wouldn't have been able to drive after the treatment. It effects everyone differently though.

I know it's easier said than done but please try not to worry and keep busy and active until your appointment :) also the treatment really isn't that bad if it does turn out you have to have that done. Good luck. xx

Hello I know how you feel , I've been feeling the same the past weeks . last year I got an abnormal pamp turned out hpv positive got a colposcopy results came cin1.Doctor said I didn't had to worry that it should clear on it's own and well went 2 weeks ago came back still positive again I'm getting a colposcopy again Friday and I'm freaking out , crying why didn't it disappear and what if it's gotten bad

Thank you for the replies ladies, 

I am finding it helps I'm not being daft for getting upset. I had a bad day yesterday found myself upset most of the day!

I realise it's more common the more I read. I do think that these sort of results should possibly be delivered in person rather than in letter form. If maybe to give a little more detail and reassurance face to face black and white doesn't quite have the same affect. 

Thank you for your experiences ladies it has helped and reading through others I feel more aware of what could happen leaflets I've read but there is no empathy there. Everyone tells you not to worry but you do and it doesn't go away. 

Trying to distract myself with work and the kids etc, my husband is coming with to my colposcopy and as my rota has landed I'm off the day after too so slight bonus. My husband is being supportive trying to keep me positive and not to worry to much as I'll drive myself crazy as this is potentially a 6 week wait till any results we may get. However he understands he is worried and he has said this to me it affects our loved ones too and I do acknowledge this with him and get him to talk to me.

Fanny538 I hope all goes OK for you! I would find myself going mad as well with only having gone through it last year. Maybe that's why they request more regular smears after an abnormality. I hope that everything goes OK and wish you best of luck and you have support you need in your concerning time xx

Hi,

i also recieved my smear result Friday high grade (severe) dyskaryosis and I am terrified I also have two young children 9 and 6. Am awaiting my date for colposcopy hopefully we will both be ok. Big hugs

Its a worrying time. I have found talking to the ladies on here has helped and keeping myself busy and distracted. 

My colposcopy is a week away yet, it's just the waiting around that's torture I wish I could of kept my first appointment however mother nature didn't allow that one. 

My biggest concern is imy 5 years late technically from even start having smears. So question running in my head is how long have I actually had the cells etc.

I hope your appointment comes through soon and everything goes OK best wishes to you xx

Well I had my colposcopy yesterday. You could see straight away the area that was abnormal as the consultant showed me. 

He did say he could possibly argue it was moderate rather than high grade as to what they said my smear said. But I suppose that's just on opinion. 

Either way it ended up in biopsy and lletz treatment. Now have the 4-6 week wait in results and where to go from there. 

Feel little in limbo as nothing was said to what cells he thought it was etc I suppose I should of asked but in the moment I didn't think. 

The procedure it self was OK uncomfortable granted but not too painful. Just left with period type pains yesterday and still today. 

2.2.2017 first smear high grade severe dyskaryosis result

23.2.2017 colposcopy, biopsy and lletz treatment 

Waiting on results