Worried about appointment

Hi all, hoping someone can reassure or confirm my worries.
So - in October I went for my smear after loads of reminders (about 18momths over due)
Smear results came back with moderate cell changes and positive HPV
Booked in a week later for colposcopy.
At colposcopy dr confirmed that he could see cell changes and I had the Loop procedure done there and then.
I asked if I should be worried about the HPV and he said that they can’t detect HPV during a smear - I showed him my letter and he said it was a routine letter. Confused about that.
2 1/2 weeks later the hospital called to check I could make an appointment for tomorrow. I asked for more information but she couldn’t tell me anything over the phone. Standard appointment letter arrived a few days later.
My worry is that if it was all clear then why would I need to go back and see the consultant?
I’ve been worried all over Christmas and convinced it’s got to be bad news.
Anyone else had this?
If it is cancer what questions should I be asking the doctor?
Sorry for the long essay but hoping someone can help x

I can't help but just want to wish you well and hope tomorrow goes well for you. Keep pen and paper near by and jot down any questions that come to you beween now and then.... because good news OR bad news tomorrow and your mind is sure to go blank. Thinking of you xx

Thank you for your reply. List of questions are ready for this afternoon.  I'll keep you posted x 

How did you get on today hunny? Xx

Hi, it was/is cancer very early and small amount.Got to go back for a colposcopy and Loop procedure again as the margin around the cancer still shows pre-cancer cells. The doc was not worried and was confident that all of the cancer was removed during the loop procedure the first time.

So good news I guess. I'll keep you up to date x

Hi, this sounds very similar to me. Great that it was caught early and removed with loop. You'll be absolutely fine and back to normal in no time xx