Advice!!

Hi all,
I’m brand new to the forum!
I’m here because last year I had a coloposcopy and CIN 1. I’ve just had my repeat smear last week and have already had my letter to go back for a loop procedure, but not yet my results letter, the appointment was not convienient so I called to reschedule. When the lady took my details and had a look she told me to hang on as she had to speak to a nurse.
When she came back on the line she said I had to be seen within 2 weeks and sounded slightly flustered! I’ve rescheduled and it’s all fine but now I’m really freaking out! Is this a common thing? I’m only 26 and I think cause I’ve not yet got my results letter which I’m told should be here soon I’m panicking!
Thank you all!

Hiya

I remember when I saw how quickly they were planning to see me, I panicked rather as well, thinking it must be something very serious for them to be moving that fast. Based on my experience and reading a lot of other peoples posts on here, it seems that they just move quickly though, for pretty much everyone.

Regarding your results, give your GPs surgery a ring. They get a copy, often before you get yours, and if you ask to speak to the GP in person he/she should be able to translate the lab-speak that is undoubtedly on the form into English for you! That  is probably the quickest route to finding out what the results were.

Good luck, hope all goes well for your treatment

E

Thanks so much E for your reply, I got my results today which said high grade dyskaryosis. Feel sick with worry about this but just hoping and praying it'll be ok x

Hi Jessie

Glad to hear you have managed to establish what's going on. Try not to worry (I know that's easier said than done) as in the vast majority of cases the loop treatment is extremely successful at not only removing any abnormal cells, but also at kickstarting the body's immune system into fighting off the HPV virus that often causes them in the first place.

All the best for your treatment - at least you won't have to wait for ages and will hopefully soon be able to put all of this behind you

Elise

Hi Jessie,

Before treatment they should do a colposcopy and biopsy to confirm the pap result.

Hope they will do this. My pap was hsil but my biospy was cin 1, so I didn't receive any treatment.