results not in letter?

Hi everyone, I am new to this site and a little worried (actually petrified) and hope I can get a bit of knowledge/support/reassurance.

My story:

i am 26 and had my first smear in may, it came back severe dyskariosis and was booked in for colposcopy on the 17th June.  I hard lletz treatment there and then and was told that it was most probably cin 3 + hpv and that I would receive my results in 3 weeks. Well I have just got back from a weekend away to a letter saying I have an appointment this Wednesday to see a dr and to bring a urine sample?

totally freaked out and am wondering if anyone's had this experience? 

Hi,

I am not surprised you are worried, but one thing I have learned through being on this site is that every Health Trust seems to approach things differently and qute a few send scary and badly worded letters without understanding the impact it can have on patients. Timings also vary hugely and you can't always tell anything from quick results and appointments.

Still, Wednesday will be here before you know it and then you'll know for sure.  I would recommend no Googling, thinking about and writing down any questions you have, identifying a solid and supportive friend or family member to take with you and trying to distract yourself as much as you can in the meantime. 

Good luck and do let us know how you get on. We'll be thinking of you x

Thank you rose hip. I phoned the hospital today to see if I could get anymore information. The secretary on duty mentioned that I had been discussed at the mdt board but that she wasn't allowed to discuss with me over the phone my results. The consultant then phoned me and said that I should bring someone with me to discuss further treatment options. What do you reckon?  Thank you for your kind words and support! I really appreciate the kind words! Xxx

Just been diagnosed with stage 1b at least cc.... Feeling numb

Sweetasme, i'm so sorry that you have CC, i've was just diagosed at stage 1B about 2 weeks ago.  so i hate that you are going through what i had too so recently x

hugs

did they give you any more information?

I’m so so sorry you’ve had this diagnosis, I just wanted to wish you the best and let you know there is a huge amount of support here for you xxx

Have they said when you will find out more? Will you have an MRI?

Sending lots of hugs xx

Hi I just wanted to say I'm so sorry for your bad news ! Thinking of you big hugs sent your way xxxxx

Thank you everyone xxx I have my MRI tomorrow so I will find out more soon! The consultant has said most probably radial hysterectomy which I am gutted about as we haven't had children yet! Can't quite believe it as I feel fine and had no symptoms!!! Hugs to everyone xxxx

Hi Sweetasme,

Just wanted to say I'm sorry you had had this diagnosis.  Sending you a big hug.  This site is a huge support. Let us know how you get on with your MRI.  Tess xx