Everything very fast

Hello all. 

Been a bit of a whirlwind had a smear on monday 2 days later had one of the loop things . Didn't really understand what was going on . High grade changes and serious was circled on my paper work. So reading on this site helped 

The loop thing was ok not the best still bleeding etc . 

Just feel overwhelmed and by myself. Work ( army) just say oh it's routine loads of people have it so just had one day off.

Just feel upset really bit sorry for myself maybe. 

Not told anyone apart from parents and my wife who not very supportive . It's only been 2 weeks since having lapocopy and die test for fertility treatment so been far to much. 

Hello,

I know exactly how you feel, I had a similar experience a few years back when I didn't really know what hpv was let alone loop treatment etc.

Its perfectly normal to feel worried and hopefully the loop treatment gets rid of the abnormal cells. The good thing is you're in the system and being treated. Typically after treatment you have to wait 6-8 weeks for the result which will be something like CIN 1, 2 or 3 and sometimes they test for the hpv virus, especially if you have a high grade dyskarsis. There is some good information on the site so  it's worth understanding what it all means. 

Just make sure you go back for the follow up appointments and ask your doctor any questions you are unsure about.

Good luck.

Hello thank u for your reply. 

So as for results this just for the cells and not cancer or anything like that ? Very worried 

If they have said high grade it probably means they want to keep an eye on you and hopefully the loop treatment has removed the abnormal cells. 

Have you had a follow up appointment yet to see how you're getting on?