What were you symptoms of CC?

Hi everyone.
I’m new here and feeling very anxious.
I am waiting for my gynae appointment and so scared that I may have advanced CC.

My symptoms are : almost constant heavy vaginal bleeding, pain in my ribs, lower tummy and hips. Constipated regularly with bloating. Sometimes spotting after sex (now too scared to even try) I have had these for 5-6 months.

I just wanted to hear from others what their symptoms were before being diagnosed? And what you were staged at? Had your treatment worked? Etc.

I am unable to have a smear due to the constant bleeding so waiting on my gynae app.

Sorry for the long post - I’m a mess!

Sabina.

Hi Sabina

So sorry for your anxiety but you have come to a great place for information and support.

2017 I was diagnosed with stage 2A, node negative, squamous cell cervical cancer 5-6 months after developing symptoms (initially yellow watery vaginal discharge then erratic heavy/light bleeding) and not having had a smear test for about 12 years.

I had a radical hysterectomy after being advised it gave me a 90% chance of cure. My surgeon felt he had removed all my cancer but post op histology showed I had a significant riak for reoccurrence so I went on the have chemo-radiotherapy. Earlier this year I was discharged from follow up - NED (no evidence of disease).

Waiting for appointments, tests and results can be so tough, dealing with the fear of the unknown - I can empathise. Try to resist the temptation to self diagnose with Google as it will only cause more anxiety.

Hope you get some answers soon.

x

1 Like

@Jazza thank you for responding. It is so nice to hear positive stories! I am so glad it worked out well for you.
You are right, the waiting game is horrible.

I am hoping I get seen soon, the unknown is driving me insane. X

Hi @Sabina

I completely understand you ,the uncertainty is the worst.
I have been diagnosed with stage 3c1 during the pandemic time.
It was so hard catch it as i was only 27 and my last smear test , 5 years ago came back clear.
My main symptoms were a excruciating pelvin pain and heavy bleeding.
I kept going to the emergency at the hospital for 2 months and i was very persistent to know what was happening. After all a biopsy confirmed that i have cancer.
I had chemotherapy, radiotherapy and brachytherapy , it was hard but im here almost 2 years NED. Hope you have some answers soon.
Hugs :heartbeat: