Symptoms & stages

Hi there

I just wanted to know peoples symptoms and at what stage were they diagnosed.

I have stupidly missed a smear for the past four years due to moving countries loosing my father just had lots going on. I feel so stupid and absolutely petrified something is wrong. Have had abnormal smears in the past only once.

I have had symptoms which I have ignored and then started doing some research and everything I’m finding in relation to symptoms suggests advanced cc. I have been experiencing abdominal pain, sore back, watery discharge, frequent urination and have also had swollen lymphnode on one side of my neck. My periods are normal no irregular bleeding or pain with sex.

I have a doctor’s appointment scheduled tomorrow for a smear but I feel like I’m going out of my mind with worry. Barely functioning and there is something preparing me to expect the worse. Im so scared if anyone could advise on their symptoms at what stages I’d greatly appreciate any feedback.

Thank you and wishing everyone all the best with their experiences.

Hi Jessied113 and welcome

Sorry you are feeling so worried at the moment, but it’s good you’ve reached out.

There could be a number of reasons for your symptoms so try not to jump to worst case conclusions. I’m guessing your research includes Googling? If so, and easy to say, try to resist the temptation to self diagnose with Google as more often than not it isn’t helpful and just increases anxiety.

To answer your question; I hadn’t been for a smear test for 12 years when I developed symptoms which included an abnormal vaginal discharge followed by heavy period like bleeding (I was post menopuase). My diagnosis was squamous cell cervical cancer stage 2A1. I was discharged from my post treatment 5 year follow up earlier this year: NED (no evidence of disease).

I hope all goes well for you but if your diagnosis does turn out to be cervical cancer there’s lots of us here to share our various experiences and offer support.

x

1 Like

Thank you so much for your response reading the various forums on here has made me feel more reassured.

Yes I have been googling symptoms why I’m so terrified that it indicates late stages.

I just want a chance to be able to fight if it is cc. Ive never felt this anxious in my life and just feel so stupid that I wasnt as aware as I could have been these things point to that.

Thank you so much for your response so glad you are doing well.