Were they just waiting for it to grow?

Hi all

I haven’t posted here in years but just recently went from 6 monthly checks to yearly(my first yearly will be on tuesday, albeit late). Quick background, around 10 years ago had abnormal smear, then lletz in which 1a1 was removed. Never been hpv negative, and a few abnormal smears along the way.

Im pretty certain I’ve now got cc again. Brutal periods for nearly 2 years now, and over the past few months back pain, then the last couple of months constant pain in my lower abdomen and legs that’s gradually got worse. Then since my last period, I’ve had constant heavy discharge.

My question is, if I’m correct and it is back… Do you think they knew it would return? There’s acouple of things that stayed on my mind through these years. When I was pregnant with my second child, I had to continue to get smears(this wasn’t the case with my first). When I was at one of these appointments, there was a student in who questioned why I was getting a smear while pregnant to which my gyny replied in a hushed voice- “she needs to”.

This is the main reason for me thinking that they’ve just expected it to return, was just a case of when it would return.

I might just be totally spiralling out of control here but wonder if anyone has any thoughts on this.

Thanks for reading if you made it this far! X

1 Like

Hi there,

I don’t think they would have been waiting for it to return but obviously concerned it may reoccur and decided it was low risk to do the smear during pregnancy compared to the risk of missing something. :heart: x

1 Like