Week after procedure

Hi guys that’s me 9days after op for cin3 I’ve had a watery discharge ever since but it’s now heavier like I’ve peed myself and some more pink in it now previous it was clear I have had more cramping and feel there’s a bit of a smell down there not like OMG smell but just like I need a wash is this infection maybe? I had last week off as annual leave luckily but back tonight for nightshift 13 hours in the hospital should I go too doctors tommorow after shift? Am I going back too work too soon? Nursing can be a heavy job with patients etc I’m just abit lost with what to do 

Hi. 

I’m in a similar situation to yourself, I have had treatment for CIN3 myself, also had an infection day 11, the smell got worse each day and eventually was quite offensive then I started to have back and groin pain. 

I am also a nurse doing the same shifts, I haven’t returned since my treatment they said I couldn’t lift for two weeks and I felt my mind wouldn’t be on the job 100%, then I got the infection... my gp has been 100% supportive and doesn’t think I should return until my histology is back. 

Do what you feel best to do, I wouldn’t feel bad ringing in, especially if your not feeling 100% it’s a very pressured job 

Thank you for the reply, I ended up getting an emergency appointment yesterday at the doctors and was told I was right I had an infection I think I maybe went back too work too soon and maybe did too much before I was ready 

so I’m on 2 antibiotics now.and signed off for another week.

i wish they explained more about the chances of picking up infections etc I was told nothing really about after care and the cons of treatment however with being a nurse I knew generally what I should and shouldn’t be doing 

hope you have good news from your results I am awaiting mine too - don’t think I could go through this again 

Bless you, glad you got an appointment. 

Yes I had metronidazole and doxycycline, cleared it well. 

Glad you’ve got signed off aswel, yes defiantly I think they should ask what you do for a job really, as I bet you have been lifting also I think it’s best for you to rest and have some you time as it’s probably on your mind at work and like my gp said you wouldn’t want to make a mistake then have something else to worry about. 

I’ve rang today for my results (colposcopy), she said she can’t give me them over the phone, so more waiting now xx 

Hope you get your results soon let me know how you get on

im starting too feel better now antibiotics have kicked in x