Possible infection after a colposcopy

Evening 

So I had.my colposcopy last Thursday and have been having spotting and mild.pain seens but today the bleeding got worse and so did the pain and I sure there is a bad smell down there too. I have spoken to my GP and I have to go in first thing in the morning to do a swab. I was wondering if any of you have been thought this as I feel really bad and what to know how long I can expect it to last I am half thinking that it my mind playing games on me because I am worried about my biopsy. That's an other thing I though she did a punch biopsy on thursday and now my GP has said it was a cone biopsy. 

Any advice or story will help 

Thanks x

Infections are pretty common after these procedures - your GP will give you antibiotics and hopefully that'll clear it. Don't panic - when I went it waa virtually the first thing the nurse said to me.

Thank you for replying, i have now spoken with my GP and have started a 5 day course of antibiotics. I think i just paniced as this did not happen when i i had my first one done and i already worried about the results and my GP didn't wait for my smear results to come though she just reff me the same day as i had my smear done so i not had any results yet so my head is spinging.