waiting!

I was diagnosed with severe dyskaryosis couple weeks ago went to have coloscopy last Tuesday and quite few abnormal cells showed I am going to have these removed under general. I can’t help but feel upset and worried about everything I’ve got few other problems as much as I don’t believe it will be cancer I still feel very upset. Oh n i found out I’m HPV positive but as this was my first smear I don’t know how long I’ve had this as been with my one and only partner for 10 years.

Hi Syoung

I just wanted to post and say it is totally fine to feel upset. I think from what you have written you would be waiting for the results? Did they take a biopsy at the colposcopy or are you just going straight for treatment under GA? I had a cone recently under GA. The nurses were really good the only thing I would say is there was a lot of waiting around even though I was second to be seen, so take a book or magazine with you in case you are kept waiting. HPV can hang around a long time before it causes any issues. My previous 2 smears were totally clear and I have been with my partner for a long time. Waiting is the worst part the only advice I can give it try to keep busy x