Waiting on results

I've been having symptoms for months now (bleeding after intercourse, strange discharge, irregular periods) for ages now and put it all down to stress. I've had early treatment for abnormal cells before and have been sterilised in 2012. Now I'm really worried because the nurse said that although the test may come back normal, what I've been experiencing isn't and although my cervix looked normal to her there was an unusual amount of discharge. She's said that no matter what the results say I have to go back as she's concerned due to the symptoms I've been having. I know and she knows it could be a million and one things but the symptoms match up so much that I'm scared. I know it may sound silly but I can't think straight right now.

Hi Jenny,

I'm sorry to hear how you're feeling, and I can imagine what the wait is like for you. I have been bleeding since July as a constant and lost weight when I had made no changes to my diet. I passed it off as my body rebalancing itself. I went to my gp last month with what I thought was a uti and I was asked to get checked at my surgery the next week. I have never had a smear so was anxious and all emotional before even considering what the outcome could be. I am suffering with constant bleeding,blood when I use the bathroom and chronic pain along with lethargy. My Dr pretty much said the same to me as he was called after an hour of trying to find my cervix (swollen,sore and bloody apparently,sorry tmi) I had vast amounts of blood alot of bloody discharge and visible growth. I am now waiting for an urgent colposcopy which should be this week.

Thanks to the lovely ladies on this sight and the stacks of information on here,although the worry is gone it's nice to know it's not just you (sometimes it feels like this) and there are others to support you.

Sorry I can't help with much more than that. Let me know how things go.

I'm sticking close to this site throughout all of this