Worried sick

Hi all
I never thought I’d have to join a forum like this, but am so very glad it’s here.

Last Friday 13th I went to my doctors about water leakage problems I’ve been having, I also told her about post sex bleeding.

She swept my water issues away and did a smear examination. She said my cervix was red approx 1cm and I had a lot of discharge.

She arranged and urgent 3week referral.

Today the hospital called with an appointment for 27th May for ultra sound and camara.

I don’t know what to expect I’m worried sick, if it CC will they treatment start soon?

Also I was told my swab results would be back on Monday, but I’ve called several times each day only to be told they are not back, I’m worried they are holding something back.

Thanks ladies in advance I’d appreciate any advice.

Sorry that you have to be dealing with this and I know it's very shocking.  This is absolutely the best place to be for advice, support and encouragement whatever happens.  AS you are unfortunately finding out, the waiting is something every single one of us hates the most.  It's super hard to get through the day when your mind is whirling with the what ifs and imagining the worse. As a fairly new member - I was diagnosed on 21st April - I got some great advice from ladies on here.

First, stay away from Dr. Google which will scare you to death and will not help.  The ladies on here are a great source of info for every stage of a journey from the earliest inkling tht something could be wrong, right through to treatment if it turns out that something isn't right. Secondly, only deal with what you actually know.  This is very hard, but I found it invaluable. All you really know right now is that your cervix looked red and you're having some discharge.  There is a billion reasons why that could be happening and right know you don't know. Next week you will have some tests and you will have more information. Then you deal with that. One step at a time. 

Lots of results won't be given over the phone - good or bad - so don't read anything into it. 

I know this sucks and i know that not knowing sucks. You're not alone - we all know how you feel.

Best of luck.

Hi. The hospital won't be holding anything back from you. They probably just can't tell you anything over the phone. With regards to the swabs,  I think they have to grow the cultures (?) To see what's what. I think with me it was about 10 days. Maybe they meant a week on Monday?  

You've got just over a week to wait for your scan and camera. I'm not going to lie, it'll feel forever so as much as you can, keep busy and try to carry on as normal.  I got sent for an mri rather than a scan or camera so I wonder if they're looking for something else? Fibroids or a polyps maybe?

Whatever the outcome is, and hopefully it's better than you fear, there's nothing you can do to change things. You need to focus on the fact that whatever is causing the problems will be dealt with very quickly. 

I've been told cc is very curable so hold on to that.

From diagnosis to start of treatment was a month for me X 

Stay positive x