Waiting for results. Can't stop worrying. (Children mentioned)

Hi I'm new here.

Not sure what I'm hoping for by posting here but I'm so concerned I thought talking to others may be best. I'm a 25 year old mum to a wonderful 8 month old boy.

I had my smear star of Dec 17 that came backnow borderline abnormal so was sent to colposcopy for my biopsy on 5th Jan. They took 2 biopsys and I was told that she expected it to be at least a cin2 which shocked me as the smear had been abnormal. 

I'm.now in the 4 to 8 weeks wait for results and just feel consumed with worry. It's on my mind constantly. I don't know what to do with myself. I feel like I'm over reacting but I can't switch off. 

Hi, try not to worry. I had my colposcopy (following an abnormal smear) at the beginning of December and was told it would be up to 4 weeks for biopsy results - it was actually only 8 days. i Worried myself sick, couldn’t eat or sleep. My results came back showing high grade Cgin. Even if your results show abnormalities take comfort in knowing that you’re in the system and being treated. cin is not cancer and finding the cells now allows them to be treated before they become anything. I just tried to tell myself that it was better to know and deal with whatever it is rather than ignoring it.  It’s completely natural to worry and it’s such a shock when you expect a normal smear but is so so common. 

Ive seen people in here getting so much comfort and reassurance when worrying from talking to others in the same boat xx