Waiting for results advise needed x

Hi all,

So I had my lletz on the 29th April and the doctors removed the transformation zone as my smear deleted endocervical cells suggestive of cgin he also done an endocervical biopsy and took womb samples. I have been coping well but today I’m having a bad day as I’ve hit the week mark. I’m just so stressed with it all its always in the back of my mind and with two young boys this is not easy. I’ve been scaring myself and am convinced it will be bad news as im not sure why he took womb samples has anyone had this with suggested cgin? Thanks x

Hi Kate

I'm sorry to hear you're going through this, it is very scary and worrying when you are waiting for results. Unfortunately it is a waiting game, try to distract yourself as much as possible so you're not putting yourself under extra stress - I know that's easier said than done, and with 2 boys I'm sure you're keeping busy anyway!

The CGIN is basically abnormal cells in the cervical canal, rather than on the surface. This is less common than CIN but is still treatable in the same ways. I'm not sure what you mean by womb samples, they wouldn't be able to take a biopsy of the womb via this procedure, it's more likely that they have just sampled an area of the cervical canal (endocervical cells) as well as surface cells... You could try calling the colposcopy clinic back and they should be able to clarify that for you. Maybe someone else may have a better answer but I've never heard of that happening during a lletz.

xx

hi frankieapples86

thankyou for the reply some days I am ok and some I have a wobble. Thank god for this website bec you feel very alone even tho people are supporting you . I am still trying to get my head around it I had no idea about these things before. It was an endocervical biopsy and then it scraped the lining of the womb he said and I felt it high up in abdomen very painful For a few moments. I just want to know so I can move forwards I feel like I'm in limbo but I am thankful that this has been picked up x im 28 and just want to be well for my boys x 

hi Kate, I to had a sample of the womb, only found this out yesterday as I phoned them (had treatment done in Feb) 

it's absolutely the worst part waiting for the results, best thing to do is try and do some things to help you relax (easier said than done I know) it also helped me alot by coming on this site, it's fantastic, without this I would of gone insane. so just remember it helps to talk and we're all here for you, message me anytime you want hun xx

Hi kirsty

did you have cgin can I ask? X

they didn't say alot but they said it was abnormalities in my cervical canal, something about glandular cells. so I'm guessing that's what is it xx