Waiting for LLETZ

Hi all,

This website/forum has been a fantastic source of comfort for me and I’m sure many of you can agree, can put your mind at ease through a really traumatic and stressful time.

I’m waiting for my LLETZ which is scheduled to be on Monday afternoon. I can’t stop my mind going into overdrive with what-if scenarios and reading non-stop about others in the same position as myself. I had my first smear aged 26, at this time, and at the colposcopy the nurses taking the first smear and then the subsequent biopsy both passed comments about my cervix looking healthy. At the colposcopy (which didn’t hurt a bit for anyone who’s wondering), the Dr said that she believed my cells were between CIN2/3, and that I’d probably need them frozen and removed. However I received a letter a few weeks later to advise that the cells were CIN3 and that I’d been referred for LLETZ, and then got my appointment for the 23rd Jan. The Dr had told me at the colposcopy clinic when I asked, that I definitely didn’t have cancer. However from a lot of these posts it’s only after the LLETZ that some have found out that they actually did have CC.

I didn’t have sex until I was around 19/20, and I’ve read that it can take CIN3 around 10-15 years to develop into an invasive cancer. Just hoping that’s true and that this can be dealt with by LLETZ and more frequent smears.

Is anyone else waiting for their LLETZ treatment? Just hoping to talk to someone in a similar position I guess!

Love and hugs to all,

Kathryn xx

I had my lletz on 30th dec..please dont worry it was nothing at all to worry about.. the injection was the worst bit but i didnt really feel that ..it completly numbed the area and i didnt feel a thing..i was in and out in the space of 20 mins.. its now been 3 weeks since my lletz and i am just wearing pads as i have a very light discharge! You will be fine and dont google you hear some horror storys but you will be absoutley fine :) xx