Waiting for colposcopy results - terrified

I am waiting for my colposcopy results and absolutely terrified.

I’m 25 years old and had my first smear at the end of July.

4/5 weeks later I had a call from my GP telling me to come back in for an appointment, but I was on holiday so she spoke to me over the phone. She explained that my smear had shown concerning changes in my cervix that were pre cancerous or early stage cancer. She said I would need to go to the hospital for a colposcopy and I got a call from the hospital telling me I had an appointment a week later.

I was obviously very worried and thought it was unusual for the GP to contact me to discuss as my friends who have had abnormal cells have been referred directly to the hospital.

On 6th September I had my colposcopy and the nurses were much more reassuring than my GP. They said My smear had shown I had the most severe abnormalities (I think they said glandular changes) which they always aim to see patients with in about 2 weeks. The nurse said she wouldn’t perform treatment that day to remove the abnormal cells because of where they are located (near the womb) so it would be better for me to be under general anaesthetic. She said it didn’t look like anything sinister and 3 biopsies were taken (which they said is standard procedure for abnormal cells). They said I would have the results within 10 days and book a date to remove the cells under general anaesthetic.

It’s been 3 weeks and I have chased the hospital but they don’t have my results yet.

I am absolutely terrified as even though I felt very reassured when I left the hospital I am terrified that the biopsies will come back and show I have cancer. The past couple of weeks I have also noticed some blood when going to the toilet and now I am absolutely terrified that i could have cervical cancer which has spread to my bowel as well. I have made a GP appointment for this but it’s not for another week and all this waiting is making everything so much worse.

Please can anybody reassure me who has gone through something similar.

Thanks xx

Did you get your results  ...and what we're they hope you are ok