Waiting for biopsy results.

Hi all,

i had my second smear in April. 11 weeks later I had a call from the hospital saying I need to go in for an urgent procedure following by smear results. I didn’t actually receive the results until the next day in the post So was initially very confused and then followed shock and fear. The receptionist informed me she had booked me an appointment already as she wanted to make sure I was seen ASAP. I was seen 6 days later. The letter I received the following day stated I had severe high grade dyskAriosis. 

I had a colposcopy on Friday 13th July. The dr explained I had CIN3 and that it was advanced and covered quite a large area. She said she could already see changes in cells and therefore needed a biopsy which I had that day.  I’m confused by what she meant. Did she mean from pre cancerous to cancerous? 

I also had the Lletz loop procedure that day. Even though i had local anaesthetic, the pain was horrendous. I screamed out in pain and cried all the way through. 

Its been 4 weeks now and I still dont have the results from my biopsy. Surely if it was bad news I would have heard by now? 

I have so many mixed emotion, I’ve literally not been able to remove this from my mind and Its really starting to affect me.  The fear and upset is turning to anger. Why is it taking so long to get answers? Why is it ok for someone to be left in this state of limbo. It’s been over 17weeks now.  My partner doesnt under stand it all and thinks I’m being silly. I tried to explain to him I wouldn’t need the biopsy if there wasn’t a chance i had cancer. They don’t do them for the hell of it. But have I got it wrong? have I got my wires crossed and I’m being silly? 

Im not really sure of the point of this post only to vent I guess, I feel like I’m completely alone. 

If you’ve got to the end of this ramble then thank you! 

Hi

hope you get your results soon, try contacting them?

also the biopsies is what they always do so please don’t worry. I have low grade dyskaryosis and when I had my colposcopy she straight away said it’s not cancer but she took two biopsies to see what CIN it falls into and if I need surgery or to see them in the next 6 months 

still waiting for my results it be 3 weeks this up coming Tuesday and I’m getting fed up with waiting but I’ve been told it can take up to 4 weeks

I know it’s a worrying time though as I’ve sat and googled all sorts but I’ve recently been staying off it and not coming on here as much and it’s made me feel better x