Waiting and confused after colposcopy

Hi everyone,
I’m very new to this site so I don’t really know who it works so I hope I’m doing this right!

So a week ago I went for a colposcopy and the doctor told me I had severe dyskaryosis and asked if he could perform lettz straight away. During the procedure he didn’t really say much apart from that he was ‘really worried about the cervix’ and not much else. After it was over and I was dressed all he said was ’ you done really well, I’ll send this off and we’ll see you back here shortly’ and off I went. I’m so confused as to what happens next and why he didn’t really say much, it’s pretty much all I can think about. Does anybody know how long it takes to hear back from them or should I ring my doctor?

Any advise would be appreciated! Thanks xx

Hi Ellie, well done for being able to have the lletz awake, I had to have mine under general anaesthetic. They send off the biopsies to the lab to be checked. I was told they would be back in 4 weeks but I got my results after 2. Your own dr prob won't know anything yet, the clinic will prob come back to you first( I'm assuming, as I think different parts of the country may be different). I won't tell you to put it out of your mind, my family and friends kept telling me that but it's all you can think of. Try and stay positive and the time will quickly pass. Fingers crossed all ok for you x

Hi Ellie,

Similar to you I had high grade changes and the consultant said they needed to be removed. She said all went well. I was told 6 to 8 weeks for results then got a phone call saying I have an appointment with the consultant Monday as she has results and wants to discuss them. No idea what that means but the waiting is the worst part. Hope you don't have to wait to long and have positive results. I think they send the results to your GP but the clinic would know anything before the GP.

C x 

Hi I'm the same also new  on here I am 34 always have smear test and all come back normal but I went for my smear test on the 19th Feb n results was at my door on the 2nd March saying I have high grade dyskaryosis and I would get a letter within 2 weeks to go to colposcopy well iv never  heard of any of that don't even know what it ment. But it was only on 5th March I got the letter to go hospital on the following Wednesday on the 9th March only 4 days later didn't know what was gonna happen there. I was scared that they called  me in so quick. When I got there on the Wednesday they said I had very high precancerous cells I started shaking didn't talk or anything then he said it dusnt mean I have cancer but they need to do a lletz so I said ok didn't know what it was just followed what nurses told me so got on bed everything was fine he did some stuff don't know what as was going in one ear n out the other. Then he said he was giving me an injection n told me to cough n it was horrible the needle really hurt I'm scared of needles anyway but then he said just 3 more well that's when I started crying n shaking it was horrible but I got threw it. I was on my own as didn't know what I was going for so think it was worse coz I didn't have any one with me. But it's all done now he told me he will phone me in 2 weeks with results n what treatment I will need n that was  it I didn't ask anything as I'm shy but I'm so scared now don't know what to expect the outcome to be with high precancerous cells and him saying will ring me with results and treatment as most of the post on here says they would get letters so Im worried he seen something n wants to tell me  himself over phone i'm so scared n keep reading different things online wish I stayed of the internet now. N I really don't know why they can't put us asleep it's all so scary enough but to hav  to go threw that awake was  horrible n hurt so bad

Hi im in a similar situation awaiting results and I've found ringing my consultants secutarey  great help. She's explain what she can on the phone and told me my case has been pass on to a MD meeting to discuss results and possible treatment. She's told me to ring up when ever I want and she will keep me posted on information Inbetween waiting for appointments 

ive been for a smear which found abnormalities and high grande changes in my glandular cells, I was called in for punch biopsie 10days later. They told my things didn't look right and they would rush results through and I should here within 2 weeks.  2 weeks on and my new results contradict the old  so awaiting the out Come of this meeting today.