So confused thought they removed cells at colposcopy so why more results?

So I’m getting very confused.

I went for a smear. Smear abnormal high grade dyskaryosis.

Have to go for colposcopy.
From what I have read they remove the cells there and then so what is this about waiting for results from Colposcopy?

I thought it would just been done and dusted there and then.

I hate waiting and I get really stressed and anxious so the last thing I need is more waiting.

Thanks everyone x x x

At my colposcopy they asked if I would be happy to remove the abnormalities there and then and I said yes but then she decided to do just the biopsy. So then it was a 4 week wait for results to find out the next stage which was a lletz procedure for me.

I think it depends on the doctor to be fair but hopefully they will do it for you there and then.

I had the same smear results as you but the results were cin2 graded after the colposcopy which then resulted in the lletz procedure this week.

They say 4-6 week wait and I got mine 4 weeks and 2 days later but it really seems to depend on the area you are in. I'm in Leeds.

Hugs 

Kirsty x

Thanks for the reply Kirsty.

I live in Halifax Calderdale. 

Was the colposcopy painful at all? 

Good luck with the procedure. 

When I got that letter today I completely panicked and rang the doctors and have been worrying ever since. Doctor said 'You don't have cancer but you have abnormal cells from inflammation' not sure if that makes any difference. 

x x x 

HI, 

It's awful waiting I know. I had my coloscopy 2 weeks ago on Monday and had LLETZ done there and then. Had a letter from hospital 2 days ago saying they think they removed it all and to go for a smear in 6 months to make sure they got it all or hasn't spread..try not to worry to much (easier said than done I know)..I had a mental break down from the start lol 

If you have any questions I'll be happy to answer as much as I can.

X

Hi

i live in huddersfield, who is your colposcopist? (If you don't mind me asking) I had my 1st colposcopy at Huddersfield last July where she did a lletz which was sent away for testing, the results from my smear said I had high grade abnormalities and after the biopsy (lletz) results came back I was told I had cin2 cin3 and high Cgin, I have just had my 6 monthly check at Calderdale Royal and had punch biopsies taken and now waiting for the results of them, which by their timescale it should be here by the end of the week! The waiting really is the worst bit and here it's a 6-8 week wait although this time I'm a lot calmer than last time

hope all goes well for you 

xx

Not sure who is it yet as I am waiting for the hospital letter with the appointment. I got the letter saying I had high grade dyskaryosis and that I now have to wait for another letter with details of the colposcopy Appointment, will let you know when I find out though. 

I wish I could run to the hospital and get it done right now lol as I only live 5 mins away!! Be glad when I find out when I am due to go in. 

I am a nervous wreck at the moment and just want it all over with :(

This forum is making me feel better though!! 

X x x 

How was your Lletz LH89? Was it painful? 

During my smear the nurse had to root around to find my cervix because she said it was tilted and that was really uncomfortable! I am a bit of a wuss when it comes to pain though. 

X x x 

Hi,

Honestly I was petrified at first so when they said they were doing lletz there and then it made be worse...I can say though it was fine..no where near as what I thought it would be like.

They squire the dye in which was strange. Didn't hurt but felt weird..and then the gave me a local which I didn't feel at all...when they did the actual lletz you could just feel the heat. It wasn't painful just a strange feeling..I can't explain it other than like having a hot water bottle inside your tummy. I flinched a tiny bit at one point but not because it hurt. Just because i was waiting for it to hurt if that make sense..there was no pain at all for me luckily.

The only trouble I have is now. It is different for different people I know but I was due on my period 2 days after I had the treatment so when I came on my period 3 days after it was heavier than normal...and I have heavy periods anyway..but now I am getting watery discharge (sorry for tmi lol) it's like mouldy water...or like when my waters broke lol so I'm going to call docs on mon just to make sure I don't have infection.

Try not to worry too much..the treatment it's self is not as bad as you think.

You will prob walk out thinking....oh.......it's the waiting that is the worst part..I got my results really fast as well..only waited a week and now it's just smear in six months

Hope this helps x

Hi yes that's a great help. 

I feel miles better than I did now I know a bit more about what to expect. 

Just be glad when it done lol

x x x