Confused

I had my colposcopy on Tuesday 19th July (2 days ago) and they did LLetz as my smear result showed high grade severe dyskaryosis. Before I left they said they would make an appointment for me to have a follow up smear in 6 months time at my GP but I have received a letter from the hospital today with an appointment for a follow up colposcopy in 6 months time at the hospital, is this normal? Should I be worried or not? I obviously haven’t had my results yet from my first colposcopy so does this mean the nurse didn’t see any problems or is this what they do for everyone? I’m so confused as most of what I have read on here people wait for the results before being told they need to come back in 6 months or not.

Hello 

I think it's normal that what I was told when I had mine on  11/7/16 doctor said i would need to go back to hospital six months later for another smear to check everything was OK. I'm still waiting for my results too can say it's an awful wait, I'm starting to feel down and teary but trying to be positive just try not worry and fingers crossed it will be ok xx

Hi Girls

I too got told that I would need to have another check up in 6 months time...I'm not sure whether she said this would be at ym doctors surgery or the hospital...I can't really remember what she said! I haven't recieved an appointment letter for this though...I am expecting this once I get my results? I think everywhere can work differently though?

Also still waiting for results :( How long have you guys been waiting for? I just want to know now but it's only been 2 weeks since my lletz! xx

Yeah I could of sworn the nurse said to me it would be a smear in 6 months not a colposcopy but I was in such a rush to just get out of there I may of heard her wrong! I wasn't expecting it either I thought if I would need another colposcopy they would decide this when they get my results so I really don't know what to make of it. Its only been a few days & I am already driving myslef crazy! Wishing you both luck with your results and hope you both find out soon as this waiting is the hardest part! xxx

Had mine on 11/7/16 still waiting for results it's driving me crazy just want to know. Hope you girls get your results soon and all is well keep me updated