Confused

Hello ladies,

firstly i am so glad I found this forum it has helped me so much. 

Im after some advice after my recent smear. I went for my normal smear in may and waited for my results. I the received a call from the hospital to say I needed to go and have a colposcopy as my smear had come back abnormal with severe dyskaryosis. I had no idea what this was so after a bit of googling reassured myself. 

So off I went for my colposcopy which wasn’t as bad as I thought. The nurse was lovely and explained everything to me.  She started the colposcopy and pointed out certain things to me on the screen. She said that the abnormal cells were a larger area then expected and that they were also close to my vaginal wall. She explained this meant she wasn’t able to do the lletz and I would need go in and have a GA to have it carried out. She also took 2 biopsies. From what I had read I would need to wait for these results to determine if I needed the lletz. Off I went and thought it would be a while before I heard anything. This was the Monday and on the Wednesday I received a call from the hospital to say that I was booked in for the Friday for the lletz. I didn’t really have much time to think about it and made preparations to go in. Everything seemed to go fine and the consultant said he would write to me with the results. The only thing I am confused about was why I didn’t have to wait for the rest from the colposcopy biopsy and also I haven’t been told of any kind of grading which other people seem to have? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks In advance ladies :) 

I recently had a colpscopy and my doctor said during it that she definitely wanted me to have the LLETZ just from looking. The biopsies came back 2 days later and confirmed I had CIN3. The results can be quick, do you know for sure they weren't back? It's all a bit confusing though, hope you are doing OK. I find doctors can sometimes forget that as patients we don't know as much, but they are usually happy to answer questions if asked.

Hi 

thank you so Much for your reply. I feel a little bit more at ease knowing that I’m not the only one this has happened to. The consultant asked me if I had been given any results or any kind of grading to which I said I hadn’t. He then said he didn’t even have my notes and then moved onto something else. I think im just confused that I haven’t had anything from them confirming what was found. 

I guess it’s just a waiting game now for the results to come through the post. It’s only been just over a week so i know I still have a while before I hear anything. I’m keeping everything crossed in the meantime