Very Very scared

Hi Ladies

i’ve been Lurking around the forum for the past 10 days. I went to my GP for an emergency appointment last Tuesday with bleeding after sex, bleeding between periods and a large mass growing from the wall of my cervix.  

I’m 39 years old I’m so embarrassed to say I’ve never had a smear test until that appointment and i’m absolutely terrified of what this growth is. The nurse who performed the smear said my cervix was abnormal looking and she had only ever seen 1 in her career that looked like mine and was normal. The Doctor said he thought it was an ectropion but couldn’t rule out anything more sinister. He said he could see the growth but didn’t say anything else about it.

My GP referred me for an urgent gynae appointment which is tomorrow.

I have 4 very young children 10,8,6 & 5 and every time I think of them growing up without me to look after them i’m In floods of tears. I’m so scared for them not for me. I just love them so much it breaks my heart to think of them having to go through losing their mum. 

Thank you in advance 

S

Hi s I have just seen this post and realised you must have been for your appointment by now do you need to chat still have you had your questions answered? 

Hey Sweetie 

I had my appointment and all today. I was freaking out and crying shaking and nearly throwing up with nerves. The doc did a very thorough exam and said she thought it was a polyp but wanted the consultant to have a look. The consultant said probably ectropian but did a biopsy just to make sure. No colposcopy was needed. I had another smear also. 2 weeks until I get my results so keep them crossed. Thank you so much for taking the time out to reply to me it means a lot xx

Hope all goes well for you. It’s horrible living in fear, I wish I had a different head. Got my fingers crossed for you x

Hope all goes well for you. It’s horrible living in fear, I wish I had a different head. Got my fingers crossed for you x