Very quick Colposcopy appointment.

Hi there.

6 weeks ago i had my smear test done. I recieved a letter yesterday saying they had found and abnormality and that an appointment would be booked within the next 8 weeks, was dreading to wait that long. But the day after (today) i received an appointment date (appointment in a couple of days) for the colposcopy. What really worries me is why the quick turn around? All i want is transparency, transparency helps my anxiety. Is this normal for appointments to be so quick after recieving the letter about abnormalities? Are they so sure they've found something and want me in asap to sort what's happening. My mind is all over the place at the moment.

Thank you

Maria.

Hi Maria,

my first colposcopy a few years ago was within a week of my smear results and this year my colposcopy was 2 days after my results. Neither of the results were serious and I was expecting a much longer wait but guessing they must of had a cancellation or spaces to fill?! Try not to read to much into it. With severe abnormality  results they need to see you within 2 weeks so if your letter says within 8 weeks is good news. Hope it all goes well. 

Hi Sam.

Thank you for that, calms my mind a little. Knowing that quick appointments sometimes happen without an underlying issue. I won't get to hopeful but a pessimistic mind will do that to you :)

Thanks

Maria.

Hi there,

I'm in the same boat as you, just waiting on a colposcopy appointment. If it helps my doctor said not to worry about when I get an appointment: there's often a very quick turnaround and getting one really soon doesn't mean anything!

Hope that helps! :)