Time scale for colposcopy appointment

Hi ladies,

I'm hoping that somebody can put my mind at rest.

I had my routine smear end of January, waited over 3 weeks for results which came back as HPV positive with low grade cell changes, the letter said I would be sent an appointment.  I wasn't overly worried until today when I received a text from the hospital saying I have an appointment for next Friday 6th March, what is causing me great anxiety  is that I have got the appointment so quick as I know normally the wait is weeks, so I have now convinced myself that it is more sinister. Has anyone else received an appointment so quick for low grade changes ? xxx

Yes. Please dont panic. I recieved an appointment within about 2 weeks for borderline changes and HPV. So I wouldn't worry - I think it is more a case of how their availability etc rather than your results. Try not to overthink, but I understand how you feel! xx

Thank you for your reply Bellaball it has put my mind a bit at ease, I am hoping that it is the case that they don't have a long waiting list for appointments.  How did you appointment go ?

xx

No problem! It might also be they had a cancellation or something. Try not to overthink although easier said than done. I have low grade changes and put on yearly smears, which doesn’t sit too well with me as I’m a very anxious person but I am just glad it was looked into. one thing I would say- which I don’t think is talked about enough on here/online but its that if you are like me and find these types of procedures very painful, there are lots of pain relief options which I couldn’t find out anything about them online. So feel free to message me if you or anyone reading this has felt the same way I did about these procedures! 

Hi ladies wondering if you could help me too, I'm really worried been waiting about 3 weeks for smear results and today I recieved a letter from my dr saying I  need to ring for the results then a separate letter from the hospital with an appointment for a colpscopy this will be my second colpscopy and last time had treatment for abnormal cells also was hpv positive. What's worrying me is why I havent had the results but the dr has. my hospital appointment is Tues 10th march 2020, I only recieved the letters today which is saturday so I have all weekend to wait and im panicking. Thankyou xx

It turns out I didnt open the results letter thinking it was a bill shame on me. My results show high grade (moderate) dyskariosis and hpv xx

Hi, sorry only just seen your comment, just wanted to say hope all goes well today x