UTI - help!

2 weeks ago tomorrow I’ll have had a loop biopsy after my smear showed up abnormal cells in the cervical canal. I’m hoping to get these results in a weeks time but the wait is causing me major anxiety. This weekend I started have a real strong feeling of needing to urinate a lot more and had a bit of pressure in my bladder plus passed some blood (not sure if this was in my urine or vaginal) but I haven’t been slotting ir having any pain. I went the out of hours Dr who took a urine sample and said I have a UTI and gave me antibiotics. I’m now in absolute freak out mood wondering if the blood is something more sinister as I’m still waiting on these biopsy results. I’m going to visit my own GP to discuss this cause I haven’t slept properly now in 2 weeks and now I’m stressing out even more. Anyone got any advise?

thanks

k

Hi

I had bleeding on and off for about 4 weeks after my lletz. It was actually at its worst around 10-14 days after the procedure. I think thats because around that time the scabs start to come off. Hopefully you dont have too much longer to wait for your results. The waiting is pretty horrible.

Best wishes

xx