Awaiting Loop results

Hi everyone,
First post here. I had my smear in December last year & mid Jan I was told i had high grade HPV and severe high grade dyskaryosis. I was obviously worried and my colposcopy came really quick (under 2 weeks) The dr said the cell changes were of very high grade after my loop excision also. But now almost 3 weeks on, im still waiting for the letter to explain what happens next.
Im still intermittently bleeding, ive had a terrible uti, but now have a different discharge , pain in my lower left abdomen and into my hip/leg. Im not sure if its all connected?
The hospitsl said up to 6 weeks for results, but its literally all i can think about day in & out. How long did everyone wait? Is the wait a good thing? Does that mean they have got ot all?
Thanks xx

1 Like

Hi Donna. I had my biopsies 3 weeks ago and I’m still getting bleeding and weird discharge as well. If you haven’t done already, you may pass a weird looking clot type thing. This is normal and means it healing. Luckily my Dr pre warned me about it as it happened on Saturday and if I hadn’t already known what it was I might have freaked out.
As for your results, I would say that no news is good news. I got a call exactly a week after mine asking me to come in that day, as mine were positive for cancer and he wanted to tell me in person. Fingers crossed that it’s better news for you. X

1 Like

Hi @Donna84, I’m new-ish here also.

I had my loop/lletz done and the biopsies sent on 19th Jan and I had my result via phone call the 3rd week after.
It all has been a very slow process though, which from doing reading on here seems to be normal for gynecological investigations as many of the abnormalities seem to be slower growing. I think it all just depends on what area you’re in and their wait time also.
In the meantime, write all of your concerns down and raise them with your GP and also your consultant if they get in touch.

I wish you the best of luck and I hope you get your results soon, keep us posted x

1 Like

Hi, first post here. Had my smear end of January then had my appointment for colposcopy last week the doctor said he would either do a biopsy or treatment to the cervix straight away. I ended up having the treatment to the cervix but now I’m unsure what exactly happens? Does this now go off to be tested or am I just waiting for results to check he has got rid of all the cells?

1 Like

Both things - the material removed and the biopsies will go off to be analysed. They will look for what was present (the stage of any rogue cells) and as an area of cervix was removed, if any rogue cells were present in that sample with clear margins around the outside - suggesting they got it all. You will then get a letter with the results, but it may take several weeks! X

2 Likes

Hi, yes sounds like were in the same position, just waiting for results & treatment plan if needed. Its just horrible how long weve to wait. Good luck xx

Hi, thanks for your reply. Ive recieved my letter today and the great news is it’s not cancer, its CIN3 which is what they were expecting. Im presuming this means they have caught it in time. I was just expecting them to tell me a plan for the future, like 6 month smear or something. But my letter just says they will write to me after the MDT meeting. So now im relieved, but angry ive had to wait 3 weeks for them to tell me something i knew at the start & no plan forward. And i feel ungreatful that i feel like this, which my husband basically just said to me too.

I think you have to be stoic about this. Everyone wants to know straight away; everyone has to wait. The MDT meeting is a good safeguard because they will decide together what the best plan of action is. But yes, they caught it in time, you could say! X

1 Like

Had my Loop 3 weeks ago and still waiting for results. Am hoping no news is good news xx