Cervical biopsies poss cancer?

Hi

I’ve posted on here before but I’m still non the wiser. Had random bloody discharge l, lots of clear discharge and then a change in periods, from 3/4days to 17days every month for 4 months now ( spot three days prior, bleed seven then spot / bloody discharge for a further seven days). clear smear in nov 21 and put down to ectropion, had silver nitrate and did nothing

today after pushing and pushing- I had a colposcopy: it wasn’t planned it was planned for the Gynae to give me further cauterisation on the erosion however she put dye in and it showed an area of ’ cell changes’ so she said she wanted to take a biopsy of my cervix instead. She then rooted around and said she wanted to take a biopsy of my womb aswell which she did.

im now convinced with the area of changes, and her taking two biopsies that it must be cancer! Isn’t it normal procedure to do a leep or letz etc to treat the changes there and then?!? It wasn’t a large area she said small area and the erosion was large too. She didn’t remove the cells she said she wanted biopsies?

why would she does this and does the cell changes always mean cancer? So worried and will make myself I’ll for weeks now until I know !

I’m sorry to hear that. What a worrying wait for you. In a similar position, sent for colposcopy after months of bleeding nearly every day. They found an erosion, but also a patch of abnormal cells & took biopsies. The wait feels so long! I can’t answer your questions, but wanted to say good luck x

Sorry to hear your in a similar position! It’s horrible isn’t it I think the waiting for results is the worse part of it all. Have you had your results back yet or still waiting? Also did they treat your erosion and cells in there or wait / waiting for biopsy results first? Hope your all ok x

Hi Stacey did your results come back yet? Just to let you know mine did today, after the longest five weeks ever! Was all fine the patch of abnormal cells where just hpv. I’ve never had it before it either and my last smear was last November.

Hope that provides some reassurance if your still waiting x