Urgent Referral for Colposcopy

Hi there,

I am just looking some advice and support. My most recent smear result was abnormal with significant changes 24/01/17. A bit of background, I had a smear on 14/07/2010 which was borderline changes, went back on 12/03/2011, 7months later and the smear was back to normal. I had my second baby in September 2012 so I could not attend my smear at that time. I went for another smear on 18/09/2014 again everything was perfectly normal.
I fell pregnant with both my babies very quickly with no issue, but now have been actively trying for 15 months with no joy. Went for a routine smear in January, when the nurse was doing the smear, she commented on how my cervix was very inflamed, got a call two weeks later from GP to say that I have been referred by the lab to gynae for colposcopy, the GP has said that the changes are significant and then consultant has graded the referral as urgent. I havent been given any explanation as to what CIN or CGIN they are, if any.
My worry is:

Is there something there that has been affecting me conceiving?
There has been no change in my sexual history?
The cells that were borderline, that rectified themselves, are these the same cells that are returning significantly changed?

This may be too much information but I had intercourse with my husband the night before my smear as I wasnt sure I would be able to have my smear done that day, and didnt really think about it to be honest. Could this be why my cervix looked inflamed and also maybe have given an incorrect abnormal result?

I’m mainly concerned that my last two smears have been normal with no change in sexual history and now this one has significantly changed. Colposcopy booked for 27th March 2017 - so another 4 weeks of waiting :frowning: