Tummy Cramps 3 months after lletz

Hi

Im looking for a bit of advice, wonder if anyone has experienced the same, the end of Feb i received my lletz treatment received results CIN3 and just to return for smear at GP's in 6 months - fine. However i have started experiencing a dull ache in my tummy the last couple of weeks, straight after my period, (which was late coming) im told lletz treatment can cause irregular periods? i have always been like clockwork. I have also the last couple of months increased my exercise and have been going to the gym 4/5 times a week, it was when i first felt the pain at the gym - when doing leg weights i felt a real pain round my cervix and had to stop, since then i have had a dull ache, im not in agony, but i also think every little niggle i am noticing even more so because of all of this.

Could i maybe have been exercising too heavily before iv healed properly?

Can anyone shed any light please .... driving myself insane.

Thanks

Louise

has anyone else experienced the same kind of ache or had any problems? should i maybe go back to the docs?

Dont wnt to seem like im wasting anyones time xx

Hi Louise, 

I had my procedure back in January and I am still having strange cramps and a dull ache in both my stomach and sides. I thought maybe it was an infection so went to the DR who prescribed me antibiotics but they haven't changed anything. I don't have any bleeding etc (sorry prob TMI but I'm sure we are all used to it on here.) I'm on the mini pill so rarely get a period so can't use that as a sign for anything. 

Sometimes the pain is really bad so I too would appreciate any advise from anyone on here also. I have my follow up end of July. 

Thank you in advance xx

Hi Sophie

I so appreciate your reply thanks so much, nobody tells us what pains are normal after these things do they,? Could it still be healing? I went to he gym couple of weeks after procdure and experienced heavy bleeding, quite scary i was given anti-biotics for that then about 4 weeks later felt really poorly and was in bed for days and again on anti-biotics for infection but then picked up but this last week iv been having niggly pains and i feel like im looking for pains now and everything feels more noticebale if that makes sense.

My follow up isnt until end of august but if it doesnt ease up i think i will be having trip to the docs,

Its so stressful, just when you start to think its all over.

Keep in touch and let me know on how you get on and i will do the same xx

Hi Louise, 

It really is stressful! My pain went away for a bit so I thought it was ok but now it's back. I think I'm going to book in to see the DR but he's an older guy who acts like you are wasting his time if you go to him with anything concerning womens' health. Will just try and see a female DR. 

That completely makes sense - I feel the same way. Book in and see what they say. Might put your mind at ease. I also have a friend who had the same issues but her pain is very severe and she ended up in A&E. She has to have another operation due to scar tissue. I guess there's no set guide on when each person should be completely healed. 

Let me know how you get on xx 

Hi Louise,

I too had Lletz for CIN3 in January 14 and I am experiencing the same sort of thing, which is what has prompted me to come on here today and find a thread about it! I initially had a lot of bleeding after Lletz and also was given antibiotics for suspected infection, but ever since I had the Lletz, I have had weird, irregular pains in my lower abdomen and cervix. Sometimes it feels like stomach cramps and a mild tingling/burning sensation which I have never had prior to Lletz. I have been told by my GP and other women who've had it that it can take many months for our bodies to settle down, so I am looking on the bright side. I have also been back to my GP and insisted on having an internal for the pains, during which time she examined my cervix which she said seemed fine. If you are overly worried, maybe you could see someone else? xx

Hi Est

Thanks very much for reply, this is so similar to me! its exactly what im experiencing, i think i will be booking in with docs just for peace of mind as you say as the worry drives you insane doesnt it.

I too had lot of bleeding and given anti-biotics, my pain came on when i was at the gym and had it ever since i have been exercising quite a lot so i was thinking maybe i have aggrevated the scar.

Thanks very much for your reply, its help ease my mind :) xxx

I know this thread is from a few years ago but I’m experiencing it now. But after a colposcopy last week. I’ve been having colposcopies since 2012 but never experienced this pain before. It’s like I’m bloated but so painfully that I can’t lie on my front or side. Even standing hurts like my stomach is being dragged down to the ground. The doctor doesn’t understand what I mean and only refers to ‘cramping’ which he says should only last 3-5 days. It’s been 9 days now. Has anyone else had this recently? Is the OP still around? Did you ever find out what it was?