Mixed advice after LLETZ and left side abdominal twinge

Hi 

I am just after some read advice and feedback as feel like I have mixed information from what I was told after having my LLETZ treatment on Tuesday and the leaflet that I actually got given and the information you read online...Just feels like a minefield. The treatment itself was a lot quicker and painless tjan I thought it would be only the injection that were the bit that make me since but over so quickly. 

I had treatment on Tuesday this week and so far have hardly had any discharge and no bleeding apart from on day one. However I am getting cramps and twinges just on my lower left abdomen and left lower back. Is this related to the treatment as I expected to have cramps all over not just isolated to one area?

All the leaflet says avoid sex for 4 weeks but she told me 6 weeks as well as no baths for that amount of time either? 

I love to exercise and was told no excercise for 48 hours but she said cycling and running would be fine after that? I jist don't feel anywhere near ready to exercise and carrying my shopping bag out the car was enough for me today. How long did anyone else wait? 

When does the bleeding usually start as really worried about it and the amount? 

Sorry for the amount of questions just feel a bit lost. 

Thank you 

Hi Cal, 

I like you have read so many different conflicting advice. They told me at the colposcopy clinic to wait six weeks for sex, bathing, tampons and swimming, so that's what I'm going off. The booklet sent to me beforehand said 4 weeks. 

I'm on day 11 post LLETZ and I'm still getting pains in my abdomen and lower back, hips and buttocks. From what I have read people's pain differs in levels of pain felt and areas on their bodies. 

I began bleeding for the first time yesterday, bright red fresh blood with a small blood clot, but after about three hours it had stopped and gone back to being discharge again. I know someone else who bled quite heavy from day one. From what I've read on this forum everyone is very different and some people don't ever bleed. Others bleed intermittently and others more so. 

I still don't feel ready to exercise but I read someone else who was going back to the gym three days later.

I hope that helps xx

My exercise of choice is cycling. I cycled cautiously on day 6, gradually getting back to my normal intensity over the next 3 weeks. I did notice that during the week I was bleeding, if I pushed it too hard, the bleeding was a bit heavier for a couple of hours. I was on a cycling holiday in the Pyrenees 5 weeks after my lletz with no problems.

I asked my consultant on the day about exercise but it was clear from his reply that he didn't really understand how much cycling is normal for me so I just had to play it by ear! 

Hey ladies,

So I was told, no exercise 2wks, then light exercise after that. No bath, tampons or sex for 6wks that was it. ALong with a outdated leaflet, so I was told but because it had the hospital number on it I took it.

So I love exercise, cycling, running and weight.

Im a strength and conditioning coach and sport science lecture. 
Im currently at the 3 week post treatment tomorrow here how I found it so far...

I was told very little, but the love to be active part of me said 2weeks and I try. 

Week 1- cramp with light brown bleeding lots of rest working from home, no training 

week 2- still cramping get by with pain killers when it really bad. 

Day 13/14 I when for walk / light jog = which was wish I had not as bleed increase along with cramps so please be careful and listen to your body. reading in here lots of us seem to have different amounts of treatment, mean so have more off then others so to speak.

Week 3 I found really hard, bleed more and now bright red and increase for about 4/5 days. Along with cramps,  more tried. Safe to say it was too early for me. 

think with my sport science head, reason they may say exercise light or exercise but make sure you don't sweat, is because when you get hot from exercise your bleed more ! Due to changing inside. 
And you need to heal inside, form scapes and scare tissues. 
but I'm hopeful rest up this week will put my recovery back on track as iv not hardly anything and hope for better week 4. 

Still missing a bath though and sex  at 6wks not sure  if I be ready by 2 1/2 wks to go, so guess time will tell.

Hope that helps. X

Thank you for your replies. it has out my mind at ease. 

I attempted to hoover and go for a walk today and found myself worn out quickly and a really heavy feeling so have decoded to give it another few daysbod rest before I attempt to do anything else. 

Counting down the days until I can get in the bath!