Trying not to worry (children mentioned)

Hi everyone

I am 39 with two little ones youngest is 7 months. I've just had my results from smear back saying positive for HPV and High grade severe dyskaryosis. My previous smear was almost 4 years ago after I had my daughter and was all clear. 

I am trying not to worry but it's really playing on my mind. I must have had HPV for a minimum of ten years when I met my husband so that bothers me first of all that I've had that so long. I wonder a lot can cc have developed in the time since my last smear? I have awful lower back pain in the muscles in my upper buttovks between my hips which I've had for some years now. Every ache rings an alarm bell. I feel I am being over dramatic but at the same time I can't shake the concern. 

I am waiting on colposcopy appt hospital said I will be prioritized but that they are way over capacity.... I am to call to chase appt on Monday as my referral hadn't even reached then yet when I called up. 

No point to this post really just wanted to share with someone my worries .

Thanks x

Hi I am in a similar situation, I'm 31 with a 3 year old I have had previous smears which were all clear then the most recent said severe dyskerosis and hpv. I was never tested for hpv previously and have been with my partner for 10 years. Like you I worry how long I have hpv and how my clear smears have now gone to severe in 3 year.

This may not help but know your not the only going through this x

Hi Kylie

Thanks for your message I've put a bit to the back of my mind as have colposcopy this weds so hoping this will shed more info in a good way... How about you have you had yours yet? 

Hope you are doing well

X