Too anxious for biopsy

I recently had a colposcopy and a biopsy was needed but due to my bad experiences of smear tests my anxiety was too high and i was panicking.

The doctor said that I could wait 12 months and come back for another colposcopy to check for any changes. Now I’m concerned I made the wrong decision and should have gotten the biopsy - has anyone else ever opted to wait instead?

Hello Just wanted to let you know that i had a colposcopy today and i biopsy taken and to reassure you it wasnt painful at all, i hadnt even realised she had taken the biopsy, like you i get very anxious on smears and i also have a really low pain threshold so i worried about it so much. Im sure if you contact GP they could get it booked in for you. My GP also prescribed me 2 diazepam tablets which really helped with anxiety. The biopsy was the easiest part of the proceedure. Good luck for next time it really is painless and not noticeable

Thank you for this, it is actually very comforting and I have been thinking about booking another appointment to have it done. I’m glad your experience went well!

No problem, good luck on your journey, it really is completely painless and you wont realise they have done the biopsy until they tell you. I was shocked when she said she had already taken it.

I second this. I asked for a local anaesthetic and she said no point as that would hurt and the biopsy doesn’t. She was right. No pain but a slight cramping feeling.

You got this !

1 Like