There is some light

I just felt it was important to post good news and reassure those that are panicking (the same as I was) that there is light at the end of the tunnel.
When I first got told I had high grade abnormal cells - I knew exactly what it meant, exactly the potentiality of what it could mean- and cried for 2 weeks straight (until it was my colposcopy appointment)
The nurses were amazing and assured me at the colposcopy it was in fact low grade. It was going to be okay.
I felt like I was in two minds most days. I’d spend some of the day thinking ‘it’s fine il just get these bad boys removed’ and other parts of the day thinking the absolute worst. It’s been a roller coaster.
I had two punch biopsies and had to wait for results. Such an anxious time- esp for someone with health anxiety also.,
Then results confirmed that I would need treatment.
Again a long six week wait. To be told all been removed at CIN 1 and follow up smear in 6 months.
Now I’m putting this behind me. I have had such change in my life this year and this was just another thing to add to the plate. But what a reality check.
There is light for all of us - we are so brave. It is such a scary time.
Love and light to those going through this- it’s made me completely reevaluate things - but it’s also made me realise there are options too.

Take care ladies

8th June 16- moderate dysk smear result
24th June 16- colposcopy and 2 punch biopsies
13th July 16- biopsy state CIN 1/2
Aug 9th 16- lletz procedure
20th sept 16- CIN 1 removed follow up smear 6 months!

Needed to see this! So happy you're well! Thanks so much for posting! :-)

that's brilliant news :) 

I'm at the anxious waiting bit again waiting for my smear results from my 6 month check up, had that done 3 and a half weeks ago now xx

The sad thing is- I think I am now always going to feel so anxious whenever i have a smear- esp the 6 month follow up- but at least now I can put it to one side for 6 months. It was taking over my mind. 

best of luck with your results- it's horrible waiting isn't it!! Shouldn't have to wait 3.5 weeks to hear from a smear - such torture! 

take care 

Z

8th June 16- moderate dysk smear result

24th june 16- colposcopy and punch biopsies x2 

13th July 16- biopsies state CIN 1/2 

9th August 16- lletz procedure 

20th sept 16- results confirm removal of CIN 1 and follow up smear in 6 months.