The waiting game...

Hi all,

I had my colposcopy last week and was told I have high grade abnormal cells 5 biopsys were taken and the consultant also said I would need further treatment to remove the abnormal cells.
She didn’t give me a time frame though so I’m wondering how long it took for your treatment/ biopsy results to come back? I know it’s different everywhere but just looking for others experiences.

Thanks to you all
:slight_smile:

Hi Ghart21

my lletz biopsy results came back in just over 2 weeks. Waiting now for 6 month test of cure smear results! The waiting is a nightmare!

Good luck with everything x

Mine took about 5 days...just recieved news CIN 3 as well. I will be talking tomorrow with my provider on further treatment options too. Will let you know how it goes...

Hi, I had my colposcopy and biopsy done on wednesday just gone i was told i'd have to wait 4 weeks then the nurse said 4-6 weeks, that scared me, not sure how i am going to cope with this waiting, it's the first weekend of the summer holidays and next saturday is my daughters 7 th birthday so i should be thinking of other things but i can't stop thinking about what the results will be! The wait is def a nightmare, Fingers crossed for you and good luck xx

I had mine on 11th July still waiting for results it's awful 

hoping no news is good news 

5th July - smear results severe high grade with CGIN 

11th July - Lletz treatment 

awaiting results