Waiting for results- how long???

Hi All,

I had a colposcopy on 2nd February. No treatment just 2 biopsies. Just wondering how long people waited for results? Haven't heard anything yet and not sure if I should chase with gyne department? They said they would write to me and doctor but to be honest my GP is useless! Advice appreciated! 

M xxx 

Hi,

With my first biopsy the nurse said 4/6 weeks and it did actually take the full 6 weeks. This time I got my results back in just over 2 weeks. Not sure if it makes a difference but the first lot was clear and the second CIN 3 so I think mabey no news is good news if you know what I mean. You could try phoning I know some people have got answers that way.

All this waiting is horrible isn't it. I hope you get good results and soon!

Xx

Hi,

I had mine in 1 week to the dot, but again mine in CIN and I need treatment under GA so maybe no news is good news. Fingers crossed for you.

x

Thanks Both! 

Think I'll wait another week then if nothing will call. I'm just too impatient for this! lol 

m x 

Ps. She said at colposcopy she believed of definitely need more treatment so guess that's why I'm more worried. Want to know when it is so can plan holidays lol

Hi

I had my biopsy done 19th dec. Had a letter about 4-5weeks later saying i had been booked a further appointment for 13th feb. Less than a week before this appointment my results turned up even though they had had them a couple of weeks!

:)